• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Silly Question About Little Kids and Ride Pictures

Jodster23

Earning My Ears
Very silly question, but on our last Disneyland trip, not a single ride picture turned out well for my average-height four year old. Either his little head wasn't tall enough to view over the ride, or taller riders would be blocking him in pictures, etc. I would love to actually get his face in some of the pictures for our trip next week! Especially ones like Splash Mountain where I'm hoping for some gem expressions. :)

Any tips for best place for little kids to sit on rides that take pictures? For example, is the front row best on Splash Mountain?

We call my 7 year old the photo ninja as she still barely shows up in ride photos (and she's average to slightly tall for her age). Yes, front row is best for Splash, Space, IC and GOTG. RSR is tough- the front row isn't great because the top of the windshield frame of the car often hits right about kid face height. Back row can be difficult too if front row people have their hands up etc. I'd try for back row and put him on an outside edge on RSR.

Very silly question, but on our last Disneyland trip, not a single ride picture turned out well for my average-height four year old. Either his little head wasn't tall enough to view over the ride, or taller riders would be blocking him in pictures, etc. I would love to actually get his face in some of the pictures for our trip next week! Especially ones like Splash Mountain where I'm hoping for some gem expressions. :)

Any tips for best place for little kids to sit on rides that take pictures? For example, is the front row best on Splash Mountain?
I see you joined a few days ago and this is your first post.
welcome-signboard-smiley-emoticon.gif

I'll be there next week too.
If you know which location is front row for the picture frame, having him in that row would help. This relates to Space Mountain and Incredible Coaster framing of the ride cars. If you'll be on Guardians of the Galaxy front row center would be best.
You can always ask one of the loading CM's for seating requests.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

geemo

My 5yo is obsessed with getting good ride pictures. We literally can’t get a good RSR photo (we have tried every seat, and she knows when the photo is happening and tries to sit up, but it doesn’t work). For the others, we ask for the front (or the back, center) on GOTG, the front on Space, on Splash we stagger which way we lean for the photo and always make sure she’s leaning right behind one of us leaning left.

She’s not tall enough for IC, so no tips there.

Rsr’s best bet for a good ride pic is rear middle, as long as the person in front doesn’t put their arms up. Splash mountain first seat is best. If everyone you go with is on the boat, you can also just have everyone lean slightly to one side, that helps quite a bit. Guardians front row is your only guarantee.

My 5yo is obsessed with getting good ride pictures. We literally can’t get a good RSR photo (we have tried every seat, and she knows when the photo is happening and tries to sit up, but it doesn’t work). For the others, we ask for the front (or the back, center) on GOTG, the front on Space, on Splash we stagger which way we lean for the photo and always make sure she’s leaning right behind one of us leaning left.

She’s not tall enough for IC, so no tips there.
For IC front row in any of the two row cars would be fine.

I see you joined a few days ago and this is your first post.
welcome-signboard-smiley-emoticon.gif

I'll be there next week too.
If you know which location is front row for the picture frame, having him in that row would help. This relates to Space Mountain and Incredible Coaster framing of the ride cars. If you'll be on Guardians of the Galaxy front row center would be best.
You can always ask one of the loading CM's for seating requests.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

geemo

Thank you, everyone!

I’ve been stalking the DIS Boards for months now (have a Disney cruise in May as well) and this was the only question I had left. :) You are all incredible, great tips and advice on here!

Not silly at all. I go to DL with my 8 year old niece frequently and the ride photos are a really big deal for her. She was absolutely crushed when she was finally old enough to go on the Incredicoaster but had no photographic evidence of it. Since it matters to her, we usually ask for the front row on rides - we wait a little longer sometimes, but no big deal. This is especially key on Guardians, as if she’s not up front, someone will inevitably throw their hands up and block her face.

Rsr’s best bet for a good ride pic is rear middle, as long as the person in front doesn’t put their arms up. Splash mountain first seat is best. If everyone you go with is on the boat, you can also just have everyone lean slightly to one side, that helps quite a bit. Guardians front row is your only guarantee.
Agree. Back row middle for RSR works for my 4YO. For Splash, we've had luck everywhere except the back seat (or if someone puts their hands up). My daughter only rode Guardians once, in the middle row, and it cam out fine. However, even my older girls have come out blocked on that one if people in front of us put their hands up. Front row really is the only guarantee on that one.

Go to the exit and check out the ride photos (or just Google them) and see the car-size. Put your child in the front row of each "unit" -- usually 2-3 rows are captured by each ride photo.

And RSR is notorious for bad ride photos for everyone, not just little kids -- windshield in face, hands up, etc. I have yet to see one where my chin-length hair wasn't completely blown in my face!

But when you get a great ride photo it is totally worth it!

45134840017.jpg

PHXscuba

Go to the exit and check out the ride photos (or just Google them) and see the car-size. Put your child in the front row of each "unit" -- usually 2-3 rows are captured by each ride photo.

And RSR is notorious for bad ride photos for everyone, not just little kids -- windshield in face, hands up, etc. I have yet to see one where my chin-length hair wasn't completely blown in my face!

But when you get a great ride photo it is totally worth it!

View attachment 386505

PHXscuba
Well done!

... but for every great photo like the Space Mountain above, you also end up with one like this:

45134840004.jpg
1. Two kids' faces cut off by the windshield
2. Medusa hair in the face
3. Hand blocking someone's face
(and that's not counting the expressions you CAN see! :crazy2:

PHXscuba

On IC (and CS before it), the rear right-hand seat is officially the WORST. Even short adults disappear in those pics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter