Silliest question/comment you've heard about Disney?

These are so funny!!!! :rotfl2:
But what's funnier is that there are so many people out there that think the same.......

A co-worker came back from a week in florida and told me.....
They had 4-day tickets to "DisneyLAND" and didnt really see how people would spend 4 days visiting "Disneyland".
And the one day and it was so crowded they decided to get on the bus to "Universal" but had to pay extra to get in.

I find this thread funny and depressing. It's really sad that there are ppl who are willing to spend thousands on a vacation and dont even do a little research.

--Parents trying to convince/make their kids be afraid of certain attractions. Last time I heard, "You will not like Space Mountain." and the boy replied, "I want to try it." and then "You WILL be terrified. No." and the boy replied, "I WANT to try it." Mom replied, "NO. You will be afraid. No way!" :confused3

I have few theories on this one:

• Parent is afraid DS is going to get hurt on such an intense roller coaster. Since you can't see the ride from the outside they can't gauge how bad it is. (yes I know in the roller coaster world SM is a junior coaster)

I was in line for SM next to a very nervous mother with a probably 8 year old boy. The mother kept muttering, kind of to herself. "This doesn't go upside does it, no it doesn't go upside down"? I tried to tell her it doesn't but she gave me one of those what do you know looks. We get off the ride and their photo showed the mom sitting behind the kid with her hands clamped on either side of the kid's head. Must have been a fun ride for both of them.

• Parent is afraid that the ride will scare them and turn them into a basket case for the rest of the trip.

Another story but now we are in CoP. Their were only two or three groups in the theater and there was a family with a 10 or so year old girl. The girl was all fidgety and climbing all over her mother like see needed to be held like a baby. The mother was a little frustrated and told the DD "Look there are no seat belts." They were right next to me so I looked to see what the commotion was and the mother then told me that they had ridden something that day that freaked out the DD so seat belts meant scary ride.

• Parent doesn't want to ride so kid doesn't get to ride.

• Parent doesn't want to wait in line and doesn't know about FP.

These are so funny!!!! :rotfl2:
But what's funnier is that there are so many people out there that think the same.......

A co-worker came back from a week in florida and told me.....
They had 4-day tickets to "DisneyLAND" and didnt really see how people would spend 4 days visiting "Disneyland".
And the one day and it was so crowded they decided to get on the bus to "Universal" but had to pay extra to get in.

I tried to explain that they were at Magic Kingdom and must have had to "pay" the additional fee to change their ticket into a "hopper". But she just didnt' get it.

They she went on to say she was disappointed because she thought there was a "Harry Potter" ride..... but "according to her"..... it just hasn't been built yet!! So they had to wait in line for an hour and half to get on a Buzz Lightyear ride.

Then she said that they didn't go to the "Animal Park" because they didn't want to pay any more because the Disneyland 4 day tickets cost so much.

I just gave up trying to explain it to her!:confused3

Bolded could technically be true, couldn't it. I mean, isn't there a shuttle that comes to the Disney Resorts and takes people to US and you have to pay to ride, right?

My SIL once commented about how we spoil my daughter by taking her to Disney all the time. I said, "We went to Disney (and other theme parks) all the time BEFORE she was born. Why in the world would we stop going because we had children?"

Bolded could technically be true, couldn't it. I mean, isn't there a shuttle that comes to the Disney Resorts and takes people to US and you have to pay to ride, right?

Technically yes, but pretty sure US was DHS.

If this person didn't know that there was more than one park besides Disneyland (MK) pretty sure they would not know how to make arrangements to get to US (the real one). Its not like they can just go out their door and catch a bus going to there.

My neighbor and his brother were over our house for dinner and the brother was insisting that you had to pay for Fast Passes at Disney. We kept saying no you don't and maybe you're thinking of Universal. He was so insistent that we just gave up. That's really hard for me to do because, really, who doubts US and our Disney knowledge? LOL:)
Jenny

Our Christmas gift to my family was a trip to WDW, bought 7 day tix including FD. We'll be visiting in 2 months! :yay: This will be the first trip for my siblings and nephew.

Anyway, my mother who has been there a few moons ago, ;) asked if while we're there do we have to do everything Disney? Is there any day someone could go out and explore? Check out any fruit stands for oranges, you know bc Florida has really good oranges. Will we be near a beach? Is there anywhere we can get tshirts, you know like the shops they have at beaches 3 for $10?

Cinderella1122 said:
I find this thread funny and depressing. It's really sad that there are ppl who are willing to spend thousands on a vacation and dont even do a little research.

What's really sad is that I don't think Disney is really any different than other vacations or other major purchases in that respect.

Not at WDW but the 'disney' one I get at least once a week - People ask me for something (in a disney store) and then to my reply of "I'm sorry, that isn't a Disney item" they go "Do you only sell Disney things in here then?" :confused3 Clue is in the title surely?

Park related I always get asked if we sell the Universal and Sea World tickets too and often get genuine confusion when I explain we don't own those parks and can't sell the tickets. On the flip side of that I love it when people ask if you're going to EPCOT or Animal Kingdom or just Disney World. :confused3

Our Christmas gift to my family was a trip to WDW, bought 7 day tix including FD. We'll be visiting in 2 months! :yay: This will be the first trip for my siblings and nephew.

Anyway, my mother who has been there a few moons ago, ;) asked if while we're there do we have to do everything Disney? Is there any day someone could go out and explore? Check out any fruit stands for oranges, you know bc Florida has really good oranges. Will we be near a beach? Is there anywhere we can get tshirts, you know like the shops they have at beaches 3 for $10?

It sounds like your mom is ready to spend more time exploring outside the gates of the Magic...why fight the issue :confused3
There's a lot to see out there, and as long as she leaves you all to your own plans it's a win-win situation :thumbsup2
Have her check out this website: www.freshfloridacitrus.com/
Turn her loose with a car and GPS for the morning while you all enjoy the parks ;)
This is a family-run operation within 30 minutes of WDW, she can taste all the fresh citrus before she buys- I recommend the Page oranges- they are to DIE for! :cloud9:
And you are going during the height of citrus season... :rolleyes1
Somewhere I read a research study that signs on life have actually been reported outside the House of Mouse... :scared: :rotfl:

Who knows, there could be an up-side to her defection...
maybe she'll fall in love with the area and invest in a second home... :idea: :goodvibes :yay:

We were never "bit" by the "Move to Florida" bug until we stayed off-site and explored... :upsidedow
too bad we have lots more time before we can afford to retire... :sad2:

I had our mail lady tell me Disney owns MCO and has underground tunnels built underneath for an end of the world apocalypse. She also named several "must eat at Disney" restaurants, all of which were on I-drive.

This is my favorite.

The first time my boyfriend and I went down together we were walking through AK. We had gotten our fastpasses for Expedition Everest and were going toward the Safari. There was a lady standing near the FP machine talking to her family. She proclaimed loudly that she was glad they decided to get FPs for Expedition Everest, because there wasn't much else she would ride, since she only does rides that move forward. She won't ride anything that goes backwards. :rotfl2:
Kind of like my dad when we all went one year. We really wanted him to go on RnRC with us, but he doesn't deal well with coasters, especially upside down ones. They must have mentioned 4 times on the tram from the parking lot that it was a ride with upside down parts, plus all of the warning signs near the ride. When we got near the ride he asked us why the car at the entrance was upside down. We told him it was just for effect. He went for it, and kept saying fine, we would ride it with us, since it didn't go upside down. Apparently he doesn't pay much attention to his surroundings.

African Lion Safari in Toronto does this. You can get on a tram and go though, or drive though with your own car, and the animals come up to you and such. It's a pretty neat experience.

One of my favorite memories as a kid was driving up with my aunt, uncle and cousins to African Lion Safari, stopping at Canada's Niagara side, and then coming home, great memories, and a really cool place...

Got some great pics of a baboon sitting on the sideview mirror one time, and my grandmother freaking out, while it stared her down!

Technically yes, but pretty sure US was DHS.

If this person didn't know that there was more than one park besides Disneyland (MK) pretty sure they would not know how to make arrangements to get to US (the real one). Its not like they can just go out their door and catch a bus going to there.

:lmao:
Yes, they were definitely at DHS since they kept talking about the 3-D Buzz Lightyear ride. :rolleyes:
And they have no idea that US and DHS are seperate.

omgosh... "why are you going back? you just went there in 2010.", you're not going till jan and you're planning NOW?!?! you must be one of those ocd people who plan everything to death.", "10 days?!?!? what are you going to do there for 10 days? there can't possibly be that much to see.", or "if you guys aren't into the characters, why do you bother going?", "isn't your kid a little old to like disney?(she's 12)". my personal favorite "you guys live in los angeles. why not just go to disneyland?" :sad2:

my californian brethren often don't get how big wdw is, how much to do there is, dining(i usually have to explain the concept of this) needs a little planning if you want to eat at table service without frustration, wdw is not a "dry" park and has more "grown up" stuff the older crowd will enjoy, and that DL is NOT even close to the same thing as WDW. it doesn't have to cost 10,000 to go on a nice trip either.

All of these are amazing and funny! I am reminded, however, of thr NEXT level of "silly comments, " you know the type:

The people who know a LITTLE about disney from visits in the past but THINK they know everything, for example:

"if you go to the magic kingdom start on the LEFT side and you won't hit any lines." (possible, but there are more advanced strategies, hehe)

"i know a secret way to get to the front of the lines, called fast pass." (not really a secret, and it's not a front of the line pass.)

A bit off topic, but i think some CMs have given silly tips like this too, I'm positive many DISers know more than some CMs. (no disrespect to CMs please)

:eek: I just don't get it! You can't turn around without seeing a sign or a map. I've seen several posts like this; I wonder if it's because the clueless visitors have come in through the International Gateway and just hung a right? :confused3 But did they never wonder what that giant shiny ball was across the lake? :rotfl:

WHAT?!?!? You mean that shiny ball ISN'T SEAWORLD?! O_O Refund!!!

I HATE it when people mention ORLANDO for Disney. Guys, I know it's NEAR there but Disney is NOT in Orlando! Tourists, I feel for you, I do... you are allowed to call it Orlando. My fellow Floridians... Shame on you!!! ;)

Yes, I'm dreading having to explain our 2nd trip in a little more than a year. Why should I care? I think it's because people assume you're wealthy, just like sending my daughter to parochial/private school. Determined would be the word I'd use! I think some people don't get it. The place is huge! I could go 1x every 6 months for 2 years and never get to all my to do list! I will say that my DD mostly thinks DW is MK! The other places are just the other places...Epcot, etc.;)

I feel the same way. We're from the northeast and we were just there two years ago when our DD was 3. These are the same people who pay what we pay for our entire trip for 8 days with dining and airfare to rent a house on the Cape every summer. Not to mention we want to go again while DD still believes in everything and the whole experience for her is completely magical!pixiedust:

My mother and I go to Disney world every year for our annual girls get away since 2000. My mothers sister and her daughter live about two hours away from WDW and we invited them to join us for a day at Epcot. When we met them my cousin seemed very surprised at every attraction so my mother asked "have you never been to Epcot before?" we all assumed she had because of living so close, etc. my cousin replied, "no, I've only been to Disney" we tried to explain it but she wasn't having it! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter