• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SIL asking for an invite to bachelorette

I was at a Bachelor Party at a Gentleman’s Club once where the Bride’s father attended.
Isn’t this a thing in America? Not the gentlemen’s club (yuck for even the groom to be there) but the father of the bride / groom to not be invited? At every wedding we’ve been to the both sides of parents are always invited to the Bachelor / Hen’s night. They may not last the distance but they always start the evening with the group then normally fade away during the night to leave the younger set to carry on.

I only had a bridal shower. My DH went to dinner and a movie with a few close relatives and friends.

Isn’t this a thing in America? Not the gentlemen’s club (yuck for even the groom to be there) but the father of the bride / groom to not be invited? At every wedding we’ve been to the both sides of parents are always invited to the Bachelor / Hen’s night. They may not last the distance but they always start the evening with the group then normally fade away during the night to leave the younger set to carry on.
My FIL was at the first night of the strip club, but not the next night in NYC. My dad didn’t even own a pair of jeans, I can’t picture him at one, ever. I’ve never heard of moms or aunts going to the bachelorette party.

I have never known any parent to be invited to a Bachelor/Bachelorette party.

My DD had her bridesmaids, cousins and friends (beach weekend). Her DH had his groomsmen and some friends (golf weekend).

I wouldn't have even considered going.

Saw my thread has been "re-animated" So I thought I'd do an update. The bachelorette was a lot of fun. My DD is very low-key and for the most part we hung around the vrbo, went rafting and when the girls went to the bars, I was the designated driver. I did leave them on their own late night so they could whoop it up without me. Oh and SIL didn't bring up coming out for the party. She did come to the wedding.

Two thoughts:
- Your SIL created the awkwardness by trying to invite herself to a celebration.
- When did this Bachelorette thing get to be a thing?

I've been in a similar spot before. When planning my sister's bridal shower, we had to make tough decisions about the guest list. It's never easy, especially when family members expect to be invited to certain events. You handled it with grace! If you need more tips, I found this guide at https://bachelorettepartythemes.com/ super helpful during my planning process. Hang in there!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter