Signage for wifi hotspots?

jlp879

Mouseketeer
We are not wanting to use data in Disneyland and DCA on our July trip. I did find a Disney online map that features all the wifi hotspots in each park but I want to know if I'm physically in that general spot on the map, will I see any signage posting that it's a wifi hotspot?

I assume I would have to be close to the pin drop on the map to pick up the signal. If not, what is the wifi range of each hotspot?

I haven't seen signage in front of the hot spots. The range isn't great. The spot at the Information Kiosk at the Hub can get crowded. The spot in Frontierland is usually less crowded, but doesn't always work as well (which is probably why it isn't as crowded!).

I saw someone post the other day that they used Maxpass without data, and I literally don't see how it's possible. I can almost NEVER get the wifi to function even if I'm on top of the hotspot! And the hotspots are few and far between. It's really unbelievable to me that Disneyland has so much happening on the app now and doesn't have better wifi. I don't care if they have to support wifi for half of Anaheim to get it to be reliable in the parks... but really...

I saw someone post the other day that they used Maxpass without data, and I literally don't see how it's possible. I can almost NEVER get the wifi to function even if I'm on top of the hotspot!

Really? Wow -- it works great for me. I suggest near the churro cart in Tomorrowland or, better yet, Pizza Port/Planet. Once I scan my Buzz Fast/Max Pass, I immediately get another using the Wi-Fi. This only works outside of the ride. Once I go four or five steps into it, I loose the signal. Wi-Fi also works great on the wall near the Rivers of America and on the boardwalk outside of the shops in Frontierland. Right at the gate is good too. Once you scan your park ticket, you can select your first FP.t

To answer the original question, I've never seen signs for Wi-Fi.

Last edited:

Thanks for the helpful info. Our trip isn't until October this year, but I just copied your info & put it into a note on my phone.

TBH it might be better to speak to your phone provider, see what data deals they can do for you, at least until the wi-fi at the parks improves. I get the impression that Disney don't want people to be on their phones all the time downloading stuff, which is fair enough, but unless your provider can do a decent non-expensive deal for 4G data then it may well be worth switching.

No signs and extremely hard to find/use. You are going to want to be able to access it wherever you happen to be with MaxPass, I would strongly suggest getting a short data plan. We actually have to turn our WiFi off in the parks because the constant hunting for a signal kills the battery so fast.

Thanks for the useful info all. Of our 4 days in the park, we've decided to only do one day with Max Pass. I'm going to try and do it with the in park wifi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter