"Sideways" Inside Cabins on Magic

eva

Often uses her unique ability to close threads.
we are going on the Med cruise September 10 and were just assigned our IGT. It is a sideways inside stateroom on deck 5. Any insights on these type of rooms? This is our first non-verandah stateroom. So I am a bit nervous, but sure that we will be fine. Just wondered if anyone has stayed in this type of room. Thanks!

Oh, I forgot to say that we are staying in the forward part of deck 5, right over the theater. Hope that is not an issue. I doubt it, since we probably won't ever be in the room during performances.

Last edited:
Our adult children were in one of those cabins on our 10-night Mediterranean cruise on the Magic in 2011 and they loved it. For some reason, it seemed roomier than the cabins with the "normal" configuration. And in theirs, it was nice that you entered the cabin at the living rooom end, rather than the end with the beds.

My brother and SIL had one of those rooms and it was awesome! If I get an inside again, I will request one of those!

Our first two cruises were in sideways rooms and we booked our Nov 25th cruise in June of 2015 partly for the price but also to be sure we could get sideways rooms next to each other. I think they're the best value for the money on the ship. It does feel like you have more room and if you have bulky luggage you can leave it against the wall between the closet and bathroom and it will be out of the way. On our last cruise, MIL and SIL had the room next to ours. MIL used a wheelchair to get around on the ship because of the distances. When she was in the room she could park her wheelchair next to that wall and it was out of the way.

These are some of our favorite rooms They feel much roomier than a standard inside, and maybe even a veranda room due to the layout. I will say when they did the midnight showing of Star wars on our January cruise you could hear a few parts, but it wasn't horrible, we were on deck 5.

I don't usually book insides but we were doing a 10 person girls trip and we specifically booked a few of those sideways insides for the group. We all loved them!!! Seemed much more spacious. Very convenient to everything onboard.

MJ

We had a sideways cabin on the Magic a few years ago and loved it. The rooms seem more spacious than other inside cabins. I'm sure you will love the room layout.

And since you enter on the side, if someone is looking for something in the closet they don't block the entry. On our upcoming cruise in Nov, DD will put the pack and play for DGD between the closet and the bathroom. Very convenient space for stuff.

We really liked our sideways cabin on the Magic, and it was our first non-verandah cabin as well!

Here is my web page with a lot of pictures, and my comments, on our sideways cabin 6015 on the Magic!

http://brownfamilyvacations.com/html/DCL2012cabin6015.htm

I am considering moving our booked navigators verandah on deck 5 to cabin 6015 on the Wonder! Surely it will be pretty similar, especially since it is after the Drydock? So happy I came across this post :)

Hope this helps: this is "our" cabin every cruise on the Magic & Wonder/ Cabin 6019

sideways 1.jpg sideways 2.jpg
sideway 3.jpg
sideways 4.jpg

Hope this helps/ Robin & Angel "D"

DECK TWO AFT:
2153 and 2653 [CAT 10C]
DECK FIVE:

PORT

STARBOARD

DECK SIX:

PORT

STARBOARD

Thanks everyone! We feel much better about our stateroom assignment.

I have 6011 on the Magic booked in June 2017. When I asked a DCL CM she said the bed was rotated so it was in line with the motion of the ship (side to side not head to foot). These pictures seem to suggest that is not true. Can any one help confirm one way or another. I can get motion sick so I am a little concerned. Can they turn it if not?

We just booked room 5513 on the Magic for March 2018! I can't wait to try this room configuration.
I would love to hear your thoughts on this room after your cruise. I have that room booked for our Med. cruise in June 2018. I'm pretty excited about it!

Sideways cabin 5505 on the Wonder is "our" cabin. We've been on 13 cruises and all but two were in that cabin. We LOVE the sideways design. There are only two of us so the bathroom has never really been an issue. In the rare times that it has, there are public restrooms really close by. Also one deck down and you can be outside in a flash!

I LOVE these cabins. My boyfriend and I were in one during the Eastbound Panama Canal on the Wonder.

I took a video but haven't uploaded it lol

My boyfriend is 6'4" and he was able to stand in the bath, not much clearance (like an inch) but he was happily surprised. Also because he's so tall, he was worried about space, given that these are the smallest cabins. Well, he LOVED it because the layout made it feel large.

The only downside is not a lot of storage in the bathroom for makeup/deodorant/toothbrushes/etc. But really, that is something increadibly insignificant that the positives definitely outshadow it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter