Side of mashed potatoes? Scrambled eggs? Need soft foods.

Ashlotte

DIS Veteran
Hi there. We are heading to Disneyland this weekend, so of course my body has decided to revolt and have diverticulitis flare up. I'll need to be on soft foods while there. Other than eating a Dole Whip everyday, is there somewhere on property where I can get JUST a side of mashed potatoes or a scrambled egg? This is probably the extend of the solids I'll be eating while there. :( I plan to bring in some baby food pouches and Go Yurt, but those can only get me so far.

Edited to add: I am looking for counter and quick service. Thank you!

Last edited:
I know Plaza Inn and Flos have mashed potatoes as a side, but not sure they sell them separately. Jolly Holiday may be able to give you just a side of eggs (they have a croissant with egg/bacon). They also have a yogurt parfait (request without granola).

Do you think you could do soup? That would open up more options.

If you’re able to eat refried beans (very soft) and rice, that might be a good choice from Rancho del Zocalo and likely more filling. I’m not positive that you can order such a side dish but I don’t doubt it. I won’t be there until Sunday so I won’t be able to ask before your visit. Obviously, that will be moderately spicy and I’m not sure if that fits within your dietary parameters but if so, perhaps check it out.

I know Plaza Inn and Flos have mashed potatoes as a side, but not sure they sell them separately. Jolly Holiday may be able to give you just a side of eggs (they have a croissant with egg/bacon). They also have a yogurt parfait (request without granola).

Do you think you could do soup? That would open up more options.
I could do pureed soups without chunks. Are there good soup options?

If you’re able to eat refried beans (very soft) and rice, that might be a good choice from Rancho del Zocalo and likely more filling. I’m not positive that you can order such a side dish but I don’t doubt it. I won’t be there until Sunday so I won’t be able to ask before your visit. Obviously, that will be moderately spicy and I’m not sure if that fits within your dietary parameters but if so, perhaps check it out.
Thank you! No beans yet (I have to eat low fiber), but the rice might work. Thank you! Our first day is Sunday as well. :D

Thank you! No beans yet (I have to eat low fiber), but the rice might work. Thank you! Our first day is Sunday as well. :D
If you’re at the rope on Sunday, feel free to say hello. I’m always to the right of the hub as you look at the castle towards the inside (i.e. closer to the Partners statue).

If you’re at the rope on Sunday, feel free to say hello. I’m always to the right of the hub as you look at the castle towards the inside (i.e. closer to the Partners statue).
If I yell out, "WonkaKid!" please say hello so I don't get too many odd looks. :P

I could do pureed soups without chunks. Are there good soup options?
Jolly Holiday has a good tomato soup. I was going to suggest clam chowder at Royal Street Veranda (sans bread bowl) but that may have too many chunks.

At DCA, I believe Pacific Wharf Cafe still has a seasonal beer cheddar soup...it is pureed and very tasty. You can order it without a bread bowl. We have also asked for it on the side for later, so maybe someone else in your group could enjoy 😊

Does it have to be mashed potatoes or can you mash up a baked potato enough with butter and sour cream? They sell yummy bakers at the snack stand by the stage across from Its a Small World. It is called the Troubadour Tavern.

Jolly Holiday has a good tomato soup. I was going to suggest clam chowder at Royal Street Veranda (sans bread bowl) but that may have too many chunks.

At DCA, I believe Pacific Wharf Cafe still has a seasonal beer cheddar soup...it is pureed and very tasty. You can order it without a bread bowl. We have also asked for it on the side for later, so maybe someone else in your group could enjoy 😊
Yum! Usually my kids just want bread for the meal anyway, so that sounds like a perfect meal to split. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter