Sick & Disney Don't Belong Together ~ A December 2014 TR UPDATED: 12/30

dramaqueenemj22

Mouseketeer
Sick & Disney Don't Belong Together!

Hey guys! :wave2:

I went back and worth about whether or not I was going to write this trip because well...spoiler alert I was sick for a whole day! :crazy2: But I decided to write this trip report anyways because I have good pictures and I want to share my Disney obsession with other people who understand. So, let's begin, shall we?

The Who:

Mama JStrangely I don't have any pictures of from this trip. But she was my traveling companion for this trip (one of my favorite traveling companion ever). She is a HUGE Disney fan with her favorite character being Pooh Bear. She love the Japaneses Pavilion and the restaurant Teppan Edo in the pavilion. Mama J is the reason that we took this trip in December because she really wanted to see Disney at Christmas time!

DSCN0968.jpg

Me Hi I'm Emma! I am a born and raised Disney fan! I also am a 20 year old college student who is studying communications, media studies and English without a clue of what I'm going to do when I graduate. I love to write, love bulldogs, love music and of course love Disney. My favorite characters are Princess Tiana, and Chip&Dale. My favorite park is Hollywood Studios, my favorite ride is Haunted Mansion and my restaurant is Tony's Town Square.

When: From December 18-21

Where: Disney World, Old Key West Resort

Why: We wanted to go to Disney at Christmas. Also who really needs a reason to go to Disney

I'm going to go through this trip report at somewhat of a quick pace, my goal is to have it done before I return to school, plus its short so it shouldn't take to long.

I hope you follow along and enjoy the ride, also I apologize for the lack of food pictures and horrible grammar that is sure to follow.

Next Post

Day One; Part One - Getting There

We had an early morning flight the morning that we left for Disney. Both Mama J and I both had multiple alarms set to make sure we didn't miss our flights. And I tried, without success, to go to bed early. But I couldn't fall asleep early because 1 I was still on my finals sleep schedule and 2 tomorrow was Disney day. I tweeted at some point in the night:

"I have to be up in 3 and half hours but I can't sleep because I am too excited!"

Final at 4 AM my alarm started going off and jumped out bed like it was nothing. I could already hear Mama J stirring upstairs and getting ready. I went upstairs, got dressed, brushed my teeth and did my make-up. Within 30 minutes we were both ready to go and we hit the road right at 4:50, which was our goal time to leave. Of course at some point during that time I tweeted that it was DISNEY DAY!

Our drive to the airport was pretty uneventful, no one was really on the road yet because it was only 5 AM. When we got to airport we checked out bag, went through security. Mama J got the TSA pre-check ability so she went through the easier line while I had to wait a while. I was wearing a shirt that had rhinestones on it so it set off the screen so I had to get pat down.:rolleyes1 Once it was confirmed that it was just rhinestones they let me through.

By this time Mama J and I were hungry, we found a Dunkin Donuts in our terminal and hopped in line. Mama J was happy with the choice, I on the other hand was hoping to find out that they had Starbucks there because they make a caffeinated drink that I like but no such like. Causing me to tweet:

"I'm pretty sure I was born on the wrong coast...this airport has two Dunkins but no Starbucks #emmarunsonstarbucks"

In the end Mama J got a bottle of diet coke with a blueberry muffin, while I got crossiant toasted with butter and a bottle of water.

We found out gate pretty easily, I sat down to write in my trip journal while Mama J went to the bathroom. It was long before our flight started boarding. We were flying Southwest and we were in the B 50s slot for boarding. We must have boarding around 6:15 because I snapchatted the below picture while we waited to board.

IMG_0469.jpg

Once we were on the flight I finally ate my breakfast watched us taxi off and listen to music. I did try to nap but couldn't get comfortable enough to sleep. But I took this picture while we flew.

IMG_0470.jpg

I read a little, eventually dropped my phone so that was the end of the music listening portion of my flight. We landed just before 10 o'clock. We found the Magical Express on first try! Mama J tested her magic band and it worked well!

We watched the new video which neither of preferred that video over the older one. I personally feel like its a more obvious advertisement compared to old video, at least we could pretend that it was story. Plus I loved watching the character check into the Grand Floridian.

We were the first stop and we checked in at Old Key West. Our check in person was Eric and he was really chatty, and a lot of the things he told us would have been super helpful for people who had never stayed at Old Key West.

After checking in we left one of our carry-ons with bell services and then headed to the bus stop.

Where were we going? Would we get there easily? Find out in the next post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter