Sick child with 3 days left

ellypres

Earning My Ears
Hello, we are currently here at Disney with three days left including today. Yesterday, I noticed my three year old started to have slightly pink eyes. She had hoarse voice, tears falling out (not crying), sneezing, running nose, lips bright red but her cheeks & forehead was cool to the touch. This morning, her voice isn’t as hoarse anymore but she feels very warm, all over. Not just her forehead, but hands, legs, all feel very warm. I don’t have a thermometer but I think she has a fever. What do I do? Does Disney have a doctor I can take her to? I am worried, but my husband thinks I’m overreacting. Thank you in advance

The front desk can help arrange transportation to CentraCare. Or call a cab/uber/lyft to go to any number of drugstore minute-clinics in the area (I believe there are Walgreens and CVS close). Or the front desk can give you info for a doctor who will come to your hotel room.

I hope she's feeling better soon!

There are endless MinuteClinic/Urgent Care/Walk in facilities around.

Ask me how I know... :D

All good suggestions above. If you were home and called your primary care provider, my guess is they would tell you to monitor her, give tylenol and if she isn't better in 48 hours, to make an appointment to bring her in. Lots of icky stuff going around. I would at least buy a thermometer at a CVS so you know if she has a fever.

Honestly I would probably monitor/give her meds to make her more comfy and continue on. If it's the very start of something the dr may not be able to prescribe her anything at this point anyways.
Now if she starts getting warmer, whiny or just visibly over tired I would probably go ahead and make the trip to the urgent care.

Yesterday, I noticed my three year old started to have slightly pink eyes. She had hoarse voice, tears falling out (not crying), sneezing, running nose, lips bright red but her cheeks & forehead was cool to the touch.

At this point, I would have just said allergies - different plants at Disney than at home.

Now with being warm, if could be a fever or it could just be she's hot because it's hot there. You know your kid - if she's miserable and acting like she usually does when she has a fever, take her to the Minute Clinic or similar. (Like someone said, the front desk can help you.)

If she's acting like herself, go about your day and pop into first aid in the park if you're still worried. I assume they'll have an ear thermometer or at least one of those forehead strips:

dd15ebe1-863d-467c-9fe8-3607e8054c34_1.210746cd0e0c458c6a41630e95c89d90.jpeg

which are actually pretty cheap, if you want to get one for future trips:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Handy-Ch...MI2eG3ybLv3QIVA1qGCh0YDwAREAQYAyABEgI1aPD_BwE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter