• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shuttle Service and DTD parking

Rivergallery

I love Fast passes.. always have and always will..
I am going to be staying at Embassy Suites Anaheim South next week, and was wondering if anyone knows how often the shuttle picks up there?
Also what is parking like at DTD... how long can you park there? does is cost? and how is it.. lots of spaces??
Thanks!

Rivergallery said:
I am going to be staying at Embassy Suites Anaheim South next week, and was wondering if anyone knows how often the shuttle picks up there?
Also what is parking like at DTD... how long can you park there? does is cost? and how is it.. lots of spaces??
Thanks!

DTD parking is with all the other ones..
As DTD is not someplace else like at WDW. It is between the two parks in a sense.
To park all day it is $10.00.You can even have in and out priveleges.
The shuttles run often.
But at clase it can be very crowded so at times we have walked as we have 2 strollers. it is not that bad.. It is about 1/4 of a mile.

There is always parking at DL.....

HTH.
Sorry can't help you about the hotel. But I'd give them a call. They might drop off on the opposite side of the parks. not where the dl shuttle is.

try the web site www.rideart.org for information on the shuttle service around Anaheim, including to and from the Embassy Suites. It looks like they run around every 20 minutes to most places.

I just want to make sure that you know there is a distinction between DTD - Downtown Disney parking and the parking structure.

The parking structure is massive, and is for guests of the Disneyland Resort who will be there all day. The cost, as Rapunsel says, is $10/car, more for RVs, etc. The structure is 1/4 mile from Disneyland (I've walked it, too, and it's not even far - it's a good alternative when the lines for the shuttles are so long). There is a shuttle that picks up and drops off at the end of Downtown Disney, where it meets Disneyland and California Adventure. (Imagine the Letter T, with Downtown Disney along the base, Disneyland in the upper left - and California Adventure in the upper right -.

There is also the Downtown Disney parking lot. This is located at the end of Downtown Disney, on the opposite side from Disneyland and California Adventure. You can also access the hotels from here, with the Disneyland Hotel about the same distance as Downtown Disney. (see the map link thread stuck at the top of the board). Parking is free for the first 3 hours. If you eat in a restaurant or watch a movie, you can get your ticket validated for an additional 2 hours -- 5 in total. After that, you have to pay $2 every 20 mins (or $6/hour) for parking.

The ART - Anaheim Resort Transportation shuttle - and private hotel shuttles drop guests off on the opposite side of the park entrances, along Harbor Blvd., so if you're taking the ART, you need to pass both park entrances to get to Downtown Disney.

Mary Jo said:
I just want to make sure that you know there is a distinction between DTD - Downtown Disney parking and the parking structure.

There is also the Downtown Disney parking lot. This is located at the end of Downtown Disney, on the opposite side from Disneyland and California Adventure. You can also access the hotels from here, with the Disneyland Hotel about the same distance as Downtown Disney. (see the map link thread stuck at the top of the board). Parking is free for the first 3 hours. If you eat in a restaurant or watch a movie, you can get your ticket validated for an additional 2 hours -- 5 in total. After that, you have to pay $2 every 20 mins (or $6/hour) for parking.

We found this out just in time last week. We figured we would park there for the day.... it would have cost us over $30!!!

Mary Jo that is exactly the info I needed. We plan to spend Monday just hanging around at the hotel, or going to the beach or DTD to catch a movie, or check out the shops so Would rather skip the parking structure and just drive to the DTD parking. Thanks.. I think 5 hours would be pleanty .. if not one of the three drivers could move the car ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter