• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shuttle or bus to Holiday Inn & Suites

kristie73

Mouseketeer
So we booked a rental car with Budget at the Holiday Inn-Universal Studios. How do we get there? We are staying at Sapphire Falls, but then checking out and getting a rental car to go to Cocoa Beach. So is there a shuttle to take to the Holiday Inn or do we need to walk across the highway? It was so much cheaper to book through Budget than Avis. Then we will return the car to the airport.

So we booked a rental car with Budget at the Holiday Inn-Universal Studios. How do we get there? We are staying at Sapphire Falls, but then checking out and getting a rental car to go to Cocoa Beach. So is there a shuttle to take to the Holiday Inn or do we need to walk across the highway? It was so much cheaper to book through Budget than Avis. Then we will return the car to the airport.
I leave my luggage with baggage services at my Universal resort and walk from City Walk, get the car, and go back for my luggage. I think it is about a 20 minute walk, there are sidewalks and a pedestrian bridge over S Kirkman.

I highly recommend you rent with Avis instead; they have locations at all of the Universal hotels. That said, Budget and Avis are the same company. They may be able to move your reservation to Sapphire.

That has not been my experience at all. Avis has always been significantly higher than going offsite to the Budget location. They may be the same company, but they are still separate entities. I have frequently rented after my Universal stay to visit family near Sarasota and returning at MCO. (Once I even used the Avis at the Doubletree because it was much less than the Uni locations.)

That has not been my experience at all. Avis has always been significantly higher than going offsite to the Budget location. They may be the same company, but they are still separate entities. I have frequently rented after my Universal stay to visit family near Sarasota and returning at MCO. (Once I even used the Avis at the Doubletree because it was much less than the Uni locations.)
In my experience, the rates are almost always identical between Avis and Budget.

In my experience, the rates are almost always identical between Avis and Budget.
It was $300+ more to book Avis, that is why I chose Budget. I also booked through Costco which was slightly lower. We will figure a way to get over to the Budget counter for our rental car. I'll report back how things went.

It was $300+ more to book Avis, that is why I chose Budget. I also booked through Costco which was slightly lower. We will figure a way to get over to the Budget counter for our rental car. I'll report back how things went.
You may not get the car class you reserved. They seem to give you whatever they have. I usually reserve compact and have gotten a Prius, a Nissan juke, some other kind of small SUV.

You may not get the car class you reserved. They seem to give you whatever they have. I usually reserve compact and have gotten a Prius, a Nissan juke, some other kind of small SUV.
Hopefully we get something big enough to put all our luggage in for the 4 of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter