Shuttle company with car seats? Long Beach airport to Disneyland

stampinshauna

Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disney Cruise L
We're going to Disneyland for a couple days before we sail on the Disney Wonder. We'll be flying into the Long Beach airport and are looking for transportation to Disneyland. They don't have the Magical Express and so our options are rent a car (don't want to as it's just one way) or a cab or shuttle service. Does anyone know of a reputable shuttle company that has car seats on hand? I'd rather not haul 2 car seats through the airport and then onto the cruise, but I don't want to travel to Disneyland without the kids being buckled up.

Not off hand. Are kids still in a 5-point harness? What are their ages/height/weight?

Not off hand. Are kids still in a 5-point harness? What are their ages/height/weight?

Yeah, both are in a 5-point harness, although DD could technically be in a booster (if it is one of the 30+ pound boosters instead of the 40+ pound ones). DS is 20 pounds but needs to be rear facing.

I think Disneyland Express is a bus like DME and no carseats are needed. If you do super shuttle, then you'll need them but they might have forward facing ones available. Im not sure about rear facing.

Honestly, I would bring my own seats. If you found a service that does have seats, you won't know if they've been in an accident or are expired. I don't know what seats your kids are in, but the first time we went to DL, I bought a Cosco Scenera for my daughter to travel with. They are very lightweight.

I was looking for the same thing but a town car not a shuttle and was recommended "AMG transportation". They are providing the car seat from a pickup at Long Beach airport to the Hotel at a cost of $65 and $55 on the way out. I haven't used them yet, but will in early November.

I personally wouldn't trust the car seats provided by a shuttle/rental company, assuming you find one that provides them. As the previous poster noted, you do not know their history. Car seats do expire and are meant to be destroyed after being in an accident. While hauling the car seats to the airport and cruise is a hassle, I would still think that it would be a safer option.

I think Disneyland Express is a bus like DME and no carseats are needed. If you do super shuttle, then you'll need them but they might have forward facing ones available. Im not sure about rear facing.

Disneyland Resort Express is run by Gray Line and only goes to/from LAX and Santa Ana (Orange Co). No Long Beach.

We were just down there and used Hertz, they had carseats. I totally understand about not wanting to lug carseats through the airports and such, but since my son is my "precious cargo" I never trust the car seats at car rental companies. For the same reason of the previous posters, you don't know the carseat history. Good Luck!

That would be my suggestion too, but then there is the second dilemma. Hotel to Port and Port to Airport. I'm not sure if the transit that Disney can set up is on a true bus or shuttle bus, or van.

I was looking for the same thing but a town car not a shuttle and was recommended "AMG transportation". They are providing the car seat from a pickup at Long Beach airport to the Hotel at a cost of $65 and $55 on the way out. I haven't used them yet, but will in early November.

There are a couple companies that do this, but the costs tend to be high.

Some shuttle companies also will hold onto your seat for you, while you are away.

Thanks for the response everyone. That is kind of what I've been thinking all along, but I thought I'd give it a try just in case someone knew of a great company (that they could trust the car seats for). Anyway, we'll just plan on bringing our own. I'm very picky about car seats and safety and it isn't worth risking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter