Shutters question...Digital AND print option?

scrapbookjulie

Mouseketeer
I just purchased the digital package for our July cruise. There used to be an option to add all the prints to that for a discount, but I couldn't find that option. Is that no longer a thing? Do they still print out all the photos on the Fantasy or is it all on the computer screens now? Thanks for any info!

I just purchased the digital package for our July cruise. There used to be an option to add all the prints to that for a discount, but I couldn't find that option. Is that no longer a thing? Do they still print out all the photos on the Fantasy or is it all on the computer screens now? Thanks for any info!
It's my understanding that Shutters now prints a selection of photos for each folder onboard. You can purchase those (the ones they've chosen to print out) in addition to your full digital package.

I'm not sure you can ask for specific photo prints, but it's worth giving it a shot.

It's my understanding that Shutters now prints a selection of photos for each folder onboard. You can purchase those (the ones they've chosen to print out) in addition to your full digital package.

I'm not sure you can ask for specific photo prints, but it's worth giving it a shot.

Thanks! I figured they'd stop printing them all out eventually. It must be such a waste for all the photos that get thrown away. But as a scrapbooker, I sure did like being able to bring those all right home with me! LOL

I wasn't going to buy my printed photos, since I had the USB, but I have to say, seeing them printed so beautifully and thinking of them in the garbage, well, I spent the $100. There were no prints on the next cruise, so I saved myself some money that way. I don't know how many people succumb to the impulse purchase, but it always works on me. I guess it doesn't work enough to warrant the complete printing of every photo, though.

I'm about to do the 10 night Hawaii with my 1 and 3 year old and the in-laws so we're splurging ang paying $340 for the unlimited digital package. Since you checked out and bought a photo package ahead of time, can I ask how it coded? The website says that a foreign company is doing the transaction. I need to know which credit card to use (whether it's domestic or foreign, or travel, or Disney, or whatever category it codes as). Do you mind sharing that? I'd really appreciate it. :)

I'm about to do the 10 night Hawaii with my 1 and 3 year old and the in-laws so we're splurging ang paying $340 for the unlimited digital package. Since you checked out and bought a photo package ahead of time, can I ask how it coded? The website says that a foreign company is doing the transaction. I need to know which credit card to use (whether it's domestic or foreign, or travel, or Disney, or whatever category it codes as). Do you mind sharing that? I'd really appreciate it. :)

I honestly have NO idea where or how to find that information. LOL But the address on the email was in Grand Cayman. So I'm assuming the photo company is based out of and billing from the Cayman Islands?

It was definitely coded as a foreign company. I prepaid for a digital photo package, but didn’t think about it at the time so I used the “wrong” credit card and was charged a foreign transaction fee.

This was from 2 years ago, and the exchange was from US to CAD (because my card is a CAD card). However, that means the charge was in USD.

We purchased the digital package ahead of time through the website 2 months ago. The merchant was Image Online and the location was Grand Cayman. It was charged in USD and there was no conversion or foreign transaction fee.

Did you figure out how this codes on the credit card category? I have the same question as I am trying to choose the best card to put it on.

I asked about it. Even though they are charging in U.S. dollars, the transaction will be a foreign one to the credit card, since it comes from Cayman Islands. Essentially, the merchant is giving you the 'convenience' of paying in USD, which really means they are taking the fx transaction hit or bonus instead of your credit card company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter