Shutters for dinner 12/09/06

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
We were on our way the to the world with no ADRs, but wanted a decent meal. Shutters came to mind -- and that is where we went! (mmm Shutter's potatoes.... :love: )
We use the DDE. This is only our second dining experience at Shutter's, and won't be our last.
Like others often post about WDW menus, the menu is more limited than we would like. But there is still some nice choices.
We were seated right away (shortly after 5:00 p.m.) and the place was not busy at all. It is quieter than most WDW restaurants. That alone is a dining perk.
Our server came right over to take our drink order. We were indecisive and asked for a few minutes. Mistake. We must have waited another 10 for him to return. I was just at the point where the food court just beyond our table was looking pretty good. ;) And after that wait we ended up just ordering Coke and diet Coke. :rolleyes:
No appetizers, as we know the meal will be enough, and we were considering splitting a dessert. (Which we did not, as we were too full by the end of the meal.)
We both ordered Jerk Style Pork Ribs - with pineapple glaze served with Shutter's potatoes $19.99. I thought they were pretty good. I like a lot of sauce with ribs, and these came with no extra dipping sauce. But that was not needed. They were very tender and tasy.
I am not a big rib eater, but I LOVE their potatoes. So DH gave me some of his potatoes and I gave him half of my ribs. Three ribs is plenty for me. He could eat a rack by himself. ;)
I think he was wishing they served mashed instead of the Shutter's Potatoes. (Not me! :Pinkbounc )
After eating DH said he liked the ribs, but wished he had ordered what he had last time -- the Prime Rib. He was looking longingly at other's steaks being served around us. :rotfl2: He said their Prime Rib was not the best he has eaten, but it is pretty good. He also said my ribs were more meater. :confused3
Bread and whipped butter comes with the meal and is fresh and good. But has a very hard crust. (Hard outside, soft and warm on the inside.)
Both times we have eaten there, the food has come so fast we can't believe it!
It takes much longer to get the check and to pay than it does to get your food after ordering. (Not that getting our check took a long time. But the food comes out in what seems like 5 minutes after ordering.)
The service is okay/good. Not the best. But far from being the worse.
Shutter's is a great choice for those who don't have transportation issues from other resorts, don't have ADRs, but want a good meal.
:thumbsup2

Thanks for the review-what makes the potatoes so yummy? :)

When we've stayed at CBR, Shutters was always our first night meal. We've always enjoyed it, I don't remember the potatoes, but I remember their cocktails were very good! ;)

I don't know how they make the potatoes. I should ask, because I would love to make them at home too.
They are kind of a combination of scalloped and pan fried. I think they fry them. I can taste onion (but it is not overpowering, because I like A LITTLE onion, not a lot). Seems they also have a grated parmesean type cheese, but I don't think it is parmesean, because it has too much flavor. :confused3
They are just perfectly cooked to my liking. :teeth: :banana:

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter