Shulas - never again

ILoveMyDVC

DIS Veteran
Went to Shulas for Christmas Eve - wanted somewhere nice. For perspective, I frequently used to go to the original Capital Grille in Providence. I expected and was aware of the prices including the a la carte sides. Mortons and Ruths Chris are the same way. I also expected top quality food or at least medium quality. I did not expect a steak that was so over salted I could barely eat it and I am the self proclaimed Queen of Salt (low blood pressure). The au poivre sauce was a watery thing unflavorful waste at +$6. It would have been bad if it were free. The bread was good but not Capital Grille bread service level. Ordered the asparagus on the side. They were thick enough to be used to hold up decorations. NOT tender and, although they had "grill marks", it was from a gas/butane/propane source and tasted as such.
Save your money!!!!!!!!!
Happy to discuss

I ate there 20 years ago and said the same thing. Especially after the server "crumbed" a pat of butter into my lap.

We love Shula’s and have never had a bad experience in 20 years. We used to live in Orlando and went quite regularly and still go often when we visit. My main complaint is that the small filet is 10oz, which is too big for me. I will agree about the asparagus, though. Any time I’ve ordered it, it has been more like a small tree than dainty, tender stalks. I stopped trying it a few years ago. I‘m sorry your experience was poor.

Have ate there many, many times. Always a great experience with great food.
Best steakhouse on property imo.
Only problem, is we always over order apps/sides.

Went to Shulas for Christmas Eve - wanted somewhere nice. For perspective, I frequently used to go to the original Capital Grille in Providence. I expected and was aware of the prices including the a la carte sides. Mortons and Ruths Chris are the same way. I also expected top quality food or at least medium quality. I did not expect a steak that was so over salted I could barely eat it and I am the self proclaimed Queen of Salt (low blood pressure). The au poivre sauce was a watery thing unflavorful waste at +$6. It would have been bad if it were free. The bread was good but not Capital Grille bread service level. Ordered the asparagus on the side. They were thick enough to be used to hold up decorations. NOT tender and, although they had "grill marks", it was from a gas/butane/propane source and tasted as such.
Save your money!!!!!!!!!
Happy to discuss
Did you mention anything to management? Especially the steak being over salted. No excuse for that.

You saved us $400+ so thanks! We are picky filet mignon eaters and have knocked several EPCOT restaurants off the list including Chefs de France and Le Cellier (we still might go but no filet). We've had two bad experiences each.

We find currently the best steak is Steakhouse71 and Topolinos and have eaten at both multiple times with excellent steak. It is too darn expensive to have a bad steak and no excuse for all that salt gross.

The best steak I have had on property was from Flying Fish.
This was our favorite meal from our trip this past October. DH had the filet and I had the Potato crusted fish. Ordered a glass of whatever wine they paired with the dishes on the menu. Fantastic! We will return.

I’m sorry for your disappointing meal at Shula’s. We considered going there, and will skip.

Save your money!!!!!!!!!
Happy to discuss
Did you send anything back? Especially the steak??

I’ve told this here before. I went last November as a party of 1 for my 40th birthday. The service was so bad and obvious it really irked me. I get it, a party of 1 versus a section with several tables ranging from 4 to 10+. This is why the tipping as salary system sucks.

I waited a good while after my reservation time to be sat (6:30 res). I ordered a drink right away which came the same time as the bread service which according to a photo timestamp on my phone was 7:10. I get that this is a leisurely meal but as soon as the drink and bread were dumped, my starter came. I don’t recall it taking too long for my steak to come but the time stamp I have in a photo was 7:46 so I guess that wasn’t paced too badly however I don’t see my side in the photo.

I just remember feeling slightly rushed and definitely ignored. I was never asked to refresh my beverage and I could tell the server wanted the table turned. I will not be retuning.

I have tried Shula twice. First food and service was awesome. 2nd time food as just okay. Services was horrible.

I’ve told this here before. I went last November as a party of 1 for my 40th birthday. The service was so bad and obvious it really irked me. I get it, a party of 1 versus a section with several tables ranging from 4 to 10+. This is why the tipping as salary system sucks.

I waited a good while after my reservation time to be sat (6:30 res). I ordered a drink right away which came the same time as the bread service which according to a photo timestamp on my phone was 7:10. I get that this is a leisurely meal but as soon as the drink and bread were dumped, my starter came. I don’t recall it taking too long for my steak to come but the time stamp I have in a photo was 7:46 so I guess that wasn’t paced too badly however I don’t see my side in the photo.

I just remember feeling slightly rushed and definitely ignored. I was never asked to refresh my beverage and I could tell the server wanted the table turned. I will not be retuning.
I also went here as a solo diner. Never again. My service was horrific, like to the point of being ignored. Watched my server dote on a couple and a party of 6 while he didn’t even glance my way to see if I needed anything. I had ordered wine, an app, entree, and two sides….so I wasn’t being a cheapskate diner of one. I should have complained but at that point in my life, I wasn’t bold enough. And I don’t remember the steak being to die for, either.

This has been an ongoing debate for years. Being from Chicagoland Shula’s is a subpar if not less option to many others. I agree with the Flying Fish recommendation. I also disagree passionately with all of the Yachtsman haters. I’ve been many times and have always had a great meal. Not to mention that Shula’s is beyond Disney prices.

STK has never let us down!

The yacht’s-man is high on the list too….

But if you want steak and don’t need the steakhouse, Narcoosee’s filet is pretty much perfect

STK has never let us down!

The yacht’s-man is high on the list too….

But if you want steak and don’t need the steakhouse, Narcoosee’s filet is pretty much perfect
Forgot about Narcoossee’s since it always seems to be closed lately

This has been an ongoing debate for years. Being from Chicagoland Shula’s is a subpar if not less option to many others. I agree with the Flying Fish recommendation. I also disagree passionately with all of the Yachtsman haters. I’ve been many times and have always had a great meal. Not to mention that Shula’s is beyond Disney prices.
Agree with the Chicago one. That has always been a no for us. For some reason, I find that one to be more gimmicky with meh service and food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter