Shrek 4D Closing Permanently on January 10, 2022

Shrek was ok but it felt old and was lessened by the fact that you could watch the video from it anywhere. It didn't have a ton of movement and effects either to be a wowing attraction. I do hope a dark ride of some kind goes in but it is a small space so a walkthrough attraction is probably more likely, they just don't enthuse me as much. Maybe a flat ride of some type could go there. Even if they wanted to keep it more family theme could do a Minion's themed Alien's Swirling Saucer's type ride. I am excited to see something new go there and hopefully it gets a better façade too. Not sure how popular the Hello Kitty store is but almost wouldn't mind seeing them connect it and the Shrek space and do a Villain-con walkthrough/shop where the store is that connects into a queue for the flat ride that would be themed to a villains invention. This could give both types of attractions and make a full miniland in that spot with three attractions.

For Fear Factor I also really hope it becomes a HP London expansion. Though a little apprehensive on the rumored VR attraction. Hopefully it will be a lot of fun, but I always envisioned a Department of Mysteries themed trackless dark ride there. Something along the lines of Mystic Manor and HKDL. would fit the London section and be a needed immersive dark ride that would appeal to all ages. The queue through the Ministry of Magic could rival the other HP queues as well. See the atrium, go past the offices, and ride the elevators down to the court rooms. for loading. Could even make it an omnimover if they wanted and make a rotating load platform themed to the circular door room.
I’m also apprehensive about the VR. First off you would think post pandemic they wouldn’t do something that you share with others. Second off I can’t do VR. I have blepharitis, which is when the crusty stuff in your eyes gets infected with bacteria and causes issues all around you eye lids. It’s not fun, I use a special scrub almost daily (when the weather change is usually hold off a day or two to let my eyes adjust) and wear one a day contacts because of it. If I put anything on my eyes, I have to be insanely careful. I don’t even wear 3D glasses fully on theme parks rides, and unlike VR those don’t stick to your face. It sucks because I’d love to ride it, but much like the ride that replaced Cork Screw Hill in Busch Gardens Williamsburg and the née Nintendo ride in USJ, I can’t ride it.
If they do make it, I hope there is a system for those who can’t ride it.

I have daily contacts as well I have exclusively to wear for going to theme parks, water parks, or for costume situations where I don't want to wear glasses. My eyes get irritated very easily if I wear them for any extended number of days. I could still do the VR attraction though, I just think a modern dark ride with physical sets and effects would be a lot more interesting than a VR concept. I'm sure it will still be fun but seems less inclusive overall and would be yet another screen based attraction for Universal Studios. I don't mind the occasional screen ride or ones that implement them well within sets like Transformers and Spider-Man, but the studios park is already highly screen heavy. They only have 14 real rides and 6 of those are primarily screen (Shrek, Minions, Simpsons, Jimmy Fallon, F&F, and Hogwarts Express), with 2 more having a very large screen presence mixed in with physical sets (Gringotts and Transformers). So over half the rides are already screen based with many of the remaining being the more kid focused stuff like Fievel's coaster, ET, and Kang & Kodos. So I would like to see them add more non-screen based rides in. Islands of Adventure I feel has a great mix but US just doesn't need anymore screens right now.

Rumors have it it will be more despicable me or the secret life of pets ride. I personally would love to see the new How to train your dragon musical that I want to say Beijing has
That will more likely come to Epic Universe since it will have it's own HTTYD land so it will fit in there. Believe it is rumored to be going in there as well. I'm hoping for SLoP or another dark ride myself as I don't really want another screen based attraction. A Walkthrough doens't seem as exciting either and will likely involve trying different "weapons" by firing them at screen to see the effets.

I’m glad you were able to see their last show
Wish I could have been there to enjoy it

always found it to be very entertaining
Ok boo it’s finally bit the dust :worship:

So what do people think of universal’s tease of switching an onion for a banana? Obviously minions comes to mind but I don’t know what to think about that really. Maybe a frozen banana stand?

So what do people think of universal’s tease of switching an onion for a banana? Obviously minions comes to mind but I don’t know what to think about that really. Maybe a frozen banana stand?

I've been saying for years that Universal Orlando should have a stand that sells strawberry banana smoothies near the Minions ride. It's a great grab and go breakfast option, especially if you don't plan on doing thrill rides first thing in the morning.

I've been saying for years that Universal Orlando should have a stand that sells strawberry banana smoothies near the Minions ride. It's a great grab and go breakfast option, especially if you don't plan on doing thrill rides first thing in the morning.
A general banana themed stand would be great for that area with the new attraction. Smoothies and chocolate dipped bananas, maybe even fried peanut butter and banana sandwich.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter