"Shredded" Picture Example?

wtpclc

<font color=red>Has three great loves: Mickey, Po
Odd topic, I know. Someone was telling me that they saw a scenery picture once that had been cut vertically into strips. The picture was mounted with colored mounting paper in teh open gaps. Has anyone done this before? If so, you have it posted so I could see it? TIA

Probably not EXACTLY what you're looking for... but it's got a similar idea... I LOVE this layout!!

Layout

I'm not technically literate enough to post it but I did essentially the same thing with a panoramic shot which I sliced, mounted on the background paper and then used as part of the background as I placed other matted photos on top.

Deb

Diane - Thanks! That's really cool! Not exactly what I was looking for, but it does give me a good idea. Plus it's great for a cover page!

Deb - Do you have an electronic picture you could e-mail if I PM my e-mail to you? No big deal, but if it was easily available, I'd love to see it.

Thanks for the responses!

Ok, I have a photo but I can not figure out how to either copy it in here or attach it so if you'll email me I will forward to you.

Deb

ToDisney - OH MY GOODNESS! I went to look at your LO and I was floored! I lived on Jekyll Island all of my life (until I got married, parents still live there) And now I live in Savannah (Tybee) combine those two with my favorite place in the world, WDW, and you have one of the best LO's! I love it. I'm going to my parents this weekend and will work on my last Disney trip while I'm there!

Originally posted by ToDisney
Probably not EXACTLY what you're looking for... but it's got a similar idea... I LOVE this layout!!

Layout

I just LOOOOOVE that layout! I was thinking about what a cool cover page it would make with the four parks done like that! I'm definitely printing that for my "inspiration" book. Thanks for sharing! BTW, how did I miss that over at 2peas? Thought I had seen all of the Disney pages there... is it a recent post?

And back on topic, I cut up an extra picture I had printed of the Sorcerer's Hat at MGM. I traced out (mirror image) the letters "MGM" in the correct font on the back of the photo and then cut out the letters and adhered it to cardstock for the "opening" page of our MGM day. I really love the way it looks!
...........................P

Diane, how large were the pictures before you cut the finished product out of them? I so love this layout!

Whoa... wait a minute guys... LOL!! That's not MY layout!! LOL!! (Although I wish it was!!) It was one I remembered seeing on 2peas and I thought it was similar to what the OP wanted.

You can click on her name to email her and ask how big the pictures are, etc.

Yeah, I WISH it was mine... LOL!!

I have also done a mosaic where I cut the picture up into 1" squares and placed them down on the page with just a little space inbetween.

I'm planning on doing this soon, BUT instead of cutting, you can use the CM square punch!!!

O.K. I am so NOT creative! Those layouts are great!!! Thanks everyone!!!!

It took me a ocouple tries, but it did work. You may want to copy and paste into your browser.

Jackie - I wasn't exactly sure what they were talking about, but I think that's it. Very fun LO!!!

Thanks for all your ideas everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter