• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shows in the parks at night, which one?

We truly enjoy Fantasmic. It’s Classic Disney and I always feel like the entire crowd is cheering Mickey on. We leave there feeling happy and as sappy as it sounds like goodness still prevails. I haven’t seen the one in Disneyland and I’m sure it’s better but Fantasmic is an awesome way to end a Disney vacation. We usually do the meal with preferred seating. I have amazing sentimental memories of MK shows and fireworks but we have changed what we do there. We skipped them this last trip and got to enjoy Fantasyland as nearly a ghost town. My teens were spinning and dancing and singing all over the place to the music. It was an unexpected magical moment. Those moments that keep me coming back. So there is no right or wrong answer to your question. I’m sure ROL has also provided many families with magical moments. It’s nighttime at Disney. I don’t think you can go wrong.

I love F!, i'll never see another HS show because of it. However we really liked Rivers of Light, so much we have an ornament for it.

For the person talking about fantasmic at Disneyland, I'll have to say we just saw it in December there and the only thing that impressed me over HS was the Pirates scene. Overall since there is only standing or ground seating, I was highly uncomfortable by the end of the show. Not sure I would do it again at Disneyland, even with Fantasmic being my favorite show at WDW.

In my opinion the Star Wars fireworks are probably one of the best on property so for night time shows I would prefer HS over AK. However in terms of rides and things to do I would prefer AK as Expedition Everest is awesome at night and Pandora is gorgeous at night as well.

Is it worth a fast pass for the night time shows at HS?
There is only FP for Fantasmic... it gives you access to other seating but you still have to get there early if you want to be near the middle best views of the show... I made the mistake of thinking it got you middle area seating no matter when you got there, and ended up with a disappointing view from the side. The very middle is reserved for the dining package so you don't have to get there as early if have that.

For Star Wars Fireworks you need to stake out a spot 30-60 minutes for a good view to see all of the effects and see the projections... there is dessert party that has reserved viewing.

Never seen ROL.. but from videos I would defiantly do HS shows if had to choose. Couldn't even get my 10 year old son remotely interested in ROL on AK evenings, he'd rather just leave.

If the park closes at 8 o’clock but rivers of night show time is 8:15, do you have to be use Extra Magic Hours to go to it?

If the park closes at 8 o’clock but rivers of night show time is 8:15, do you have to be use Extra Magic Hours to go to it?
No. Both AK and HS frequently have their shows after park closes. Anyone in the park that day can attend.

They are way too different to be able to answer
If you love fireworks then AK will be a bust, there are none. For fireworks, HS
If you are one of the few that appreciates the dancing fountains in Epcot and don't need all the big flashy stuff then AK
Us, we'd pick AK. We really like the show
I know most here do not
I like the show a lot at AK. Love flashy fireworks too though. :-)

I like the show a lot at AK. Love flashy fireworks too though. :-)
Me too! I fully appreciate both equally but it seems most do not. The main complaint about RoL is it's boring and has no point. It is neither if you can appreciate the simpler show, and it has a point too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter