Shows, dining and attractions questions

gelatoni fan

DIS Veteran
Right now, the plan is to go to Studios on Thursday June 8th and Disneyland on Friday June 9th because we arrive on the 7th so this makes it easier to have energy for the Disneyland day. Since it seems like the one day one park tickets can be used for either park, I can change that if need be. A few questions:

1. We're staying at the Moxy Paris Val d'Europe and planning to take RER one stop to the park. What time would be good to arrive at the gates for rope drop and which attractions are good rope drop options? We will not be paying to skip lines but can use single rider.

2. Does buying seats in advance for shows get you significantly better spots? How early should we arrive to get 2nd row seats?

3. What are the best non-American restaurants? Is there anything especially good for breakfast or would it be better to just eat before arriving?

Ive never gone in the normal ticket line so I'm not sure but earlier is always better. I arrive at 8 for 830 magic hours but APs have a dedicated entrance.

Which show are you thinking of? You get better seats (middle vs sides) but you still need to arrive at least a half hour early to get in. I dont think it's worth it and the first show is usually the busiest.

I would bring something with you for breakfast, very little is open.

Ive never gone in the normal ticket line so I'm not sure but earlier is always better. I arrive at 8 for 830 magic hours but APs have a dedicated entrance.

Which show are you thinking of? You get better seats (middle vs sides) but you still need to arrive at least a half hour early to get in. I dont think it's worth it and the first show is usually the busiest.

I would bring something with you for breakfast, very little is open.

Thanks! Since we won't have magic hours, I guess a 9AM arrival for 9:30 opening makes sense? Or would earlier be better? Or maybe not even arriving that early at all because Extra Magic time means the lines are already long anyway?

The first show being the busiest is definitely contrary to the pattern at most Disney parks. I guess arriving about an hour early for one of the later shows would be good?

Do people eat in line when waiting to get into the park? If it's not culturally appropriate, I may choose to just eat at the hotel before leaving.

If you have limited time, don't waste too much time and energy eating at DLP. Some restaurants are fun but food is average at best. What you can buy from the bakery or carts for a quick breakfast will not be better than a croissant bought in a French bakery.
No problem eating in line.
The big problem is Crush and Coaster at the studios and to a lesser extent WEB. Also BTMRR and Peter Pan at the main park. They'll have sizeable lines when you'll be allowed to enter. But many attractions will still have shorter lines, so arriving early is always good. Certainly use the single rider lines, Ratatouille is the best one, rarely more than 5 minutes; the one for Crush won't save much time, instead.

Thanks! Since we won't have magic hours, I guess a 9AM arrival for 9:30 opening makes sense? Or would earlier be better? Or maybe not even arriving that early at all because Extra Magic time means the lines are already long anyway?
Everyone who has magic hours has one entrance while normal entry has a separate entry so I would arrive as early as possible to be at the front of it. Depending on the day BTMRR may not have a long line at park entry and Web Slingers normally takes longer to build up than Crush. I'm not sure about eating in line (we tend to take a break around 1030 to have breakfast) but you will see many people eating their own food they have brought in almost everywhere.

I would not miss Dream...Shine Brighter and there you can show up late to see it. We tend to arrive a half hour before Lion King or Mickey and the Magician but dont get the best seats always.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter