Showing up at a restaurant with an extra person?

I didn’t know we had to check in online. Is this new because of Covid?
You can check in 20 mins prior to your reservation as long as your near the restaurant. Not sure how far the distance is but we checked in for Mama Melrose from Frozen show in HS.

Hello!

Sorry to trudge up an old thread, but does anyone know if this is still accurate? I made reservations for two lunches for our quick visit and now the res needs to be for 3 instead of 2. Can I just add the extra person when I check in? This will be at MK and AK. Thx!

Hello!

Sorry to trudge up an old thread, but does anyone know if this is still accurate? I made reservations for two lunches for our quick visit and now the res needs to be for 3 instead of 2. Can I just add the extra person when I check in? This will be at MK and AK. Thx!
Sometimes the option will show up when you do check in and sometimes it won’t. I would suggest looking for 4 instead of 3, Disney doesn’t like odd numbers

Hello!

the answer is the same. Maybe. Maybe not. Have a backup plan if you’re told no.

Hello!

they may or may not be able to add but if they do plan on waiting awhile longer than your time to be seated. you will probably be waiting for first open 4 top. people with ressies for 3 or 4 most likely will be seated ahead of you even if you were there first

Hello!

It very much depends on the reservation time, restaurant & how busy they are. We are a party of 2 usually. We have gotten: you may add up to “0” guests several times at popular places like Beaches & Cream & CRT. You can try but have a back up plan for the extra person, just in case the answer is no.

most of the time it's fine, the issue is that it isn't guaranteed that you will be allowed to add a person. Best option is to try and modify the reservation for 3 or 4 (even numbers seem to work better). if you can't modify, it's probably best to plan what you will do if the third person is turned down.

In late January the party in front of us at check in for Rose and Crown tied to go from two to three. They were told no. YMMV.

I was at WDW March 31-April 5. Never once did I get an add an extra person option when I did mobile check-in. We were a party of two.

You absolutely can do it, no problem. I've done it many times. My son and wife live in the area, and several times at the last minute join us. The restaurants have no issues with it at all, as long as you have a reservation, they will add one.

I didn’t know we had to check in online. Is this new because of Covid?
You absolutely do NOT have to check in on the app. I just got home from our trip, had dinner at a different restaurant each night, and always checked in in person. I will not be a slave to my phone.

My last trip to WDW in February it did tell me at some locations that you may add one person and others said no guest could be added. I would defiantly check the app when checking in and see what it says. if it says no I would go ask at the desk. Some parties are easier to add one than others. a party of 3 is usually sat at a table for 4 so adding one is no problem. a party of 4 is harder to go to 5 if the table is for 4. Disney seems to always be trying to accommodate everyone

You absolutely can do it, no problem. I've done it many times. My son and wife live in the area, and several times at the last minute join us. The restaurants have no issues with it at all, as long as you have a reservation, they will add one.

And the person two posts above yours said someone WASN’T able to do this. So there’s no hard and fast rule. The answer is maybe, maybe not.

You absolutely do NOT have to check in on the app. I just got home from our trip, had dinner at a different restaurant each night, and always checked in in person. I will not be a slave to my phone.
granted this was precovid and both were larger groups. we were seated well ahead of another party. we had included an infant in our count and they had not. mother was not happy in that they had waited 45 minutes past their time and then we were seated first with a bigger group. number of kids crying and parents upset

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter