Show Me Your Planning Binders =)

bshrewz90

Earning My Ears
Alright Moms & Dads I want to see your planning binders! In the past my mom had always hand wrote hers, I took my kids a couple years ago and we were at the MK for a day so I didn't need to plan one, but now that we are going to stay for a week I am compiling a binder with all our plans! I like to be organized and I love playing around with word and photoshop so show me some ideas!! :thanks:

image_zpsk3tfgdfv.jpeg

Here is my actual binder! I got it at Wal-Mart for 50C on sale! Now it just needs filled up !

I do a spreadsheet by day. Each day has ADRs and activities with confirmation #s and a rough itinerary including park, transportation, FP+ reservations. I'm probably going to try to coordinate outfits a bit as well but the outfits will be labeled in bags in the suitcase so I don't need it in the spreadsheet. I've left it pretty rough on some days as the kids don't know and won't really know the parks they want to repeat until we are there so I figured we can play around with the last part of the trip later. Behind that I have tabs for the actual stay confirmations (one for USO, one for each of the WDW stays (split stay)), another with a print-out of the MDE page as it currently stands, one with a copy of our tickets (one subsection for USO and one for WDW), one with air travel info, one with rental car info. The order goes itinerary/spreadsheet, MDE page, stay confirmations, tickets, air, rental. That's all I have right now for the binder. I've also been working on a packing list and a grocery list already and those will likely go in the back as well.

I put together a master spreadsheet with several tabs. The front containing most of the reservation information and agenda. The other tabs are full of tips (gathered from disboards over the years), packing planning, restaurant planning, airport agenda, Fastpass+ info and tips, beach info and to-do lists. The rest of the binder has our condo reservation info, a few articles (a la 'things to do for free at Disney'), copies of our park tickets, as well as the WDWINFO touring guide articles that show FP+ and ride priority as well as projected wait times throughout the day.

These ideas are awesome! I really like how you have a "tips" section that is one I will need to add ;)

I do a spreadsheet by day. Each day has ADRs and activities with confirmation #s and a rough itinerary including park, transportation, FP+ reservations. I'm probably going to try to coordinate outfits a bit as well but the outfits will be labeled in bags in the suitcase so I don't need it in the spreadsheet. I've left it pretty rough on some days as the kids don't know and won't really know the parks they want to repeat until we are there so I figured we can play around with the last part of the trip later. Behind that I have tabs for the actual stay confirmations (one for USO, one for each of the WDW stays (split stay)), another with a print-out of the MDE page as it currently stands, one with a copy of our tickets (one subsection for USO and one for WDW), one with air travel info, one with rental car info. The order goes itinerary/spreadsheet, MDE page, stay confirmations, tickets, air, rental. That's all I have right now for the binder. I've also been working on a packing list and a grocery list already and those will likely go in the back as well.

My husband thinks I am crazy because I want to coordinate outfits! I'm glad to know I am not the only one doing it though :dogdance:

My husband thinks I am crazy because I want to coordinate outfits! I'm glad to know I am not the only one doing it though :dogdance:

Ha! I knew a friend who would have a "color of the day" on her spreadsheet and made sure each member of the family dressed in that color. Sounds crazy but for the photos, it makes everyone look way more together.

My "planning binder" is a spreadsheet. Well, several spreadsheets and Google Docs. I keep a list of reservations numbers for ADR, list of what is in each suit case and what is in the park bag/stroller, a list of what park each day and the FastPass+, and a list of locations where we want. And as much as my wife hates it, I have this all in Google Calendar so every minute is planned out, a very relaxed plan, but it's all planned. I can attached associated emails to each calendar event along with links to the DISboards or WDW website the is relevant for that ride, ADR, or whatever. I even have the menus attached for each ADR. So 1 hr before a scheduled event, I can click 1 thing on the phone and see everything I could ever want to know about the event.

I did an actual three ring binder the first couple trips, but I kelp leaving things out or it would get too full and Id have to remove stuff that I ended up needing. Having it all online is soo much easier.

1 spreadsheet that includes everything from park hours, parade/fireworks times, confirmation numbers, etc. Everyone in the party gets a copy. Sometimes I'll print and cut the days apart and then laminate them to a used disney gift card. Easy to keep track.

I would like to follow this thread! Great ideas! I hadn't thought of even making a binder, so thank you!

I try to carry as little as I can in the parks. I couldn't imagine carring around a full binder.

I try to carry as little as I can in the parks. I couldn't imagine carring around a full binder.
I didn't plan on taking the binder with me in the park, more of a thing to look at the night before but now that I am reading more of the comments and thinking them over it seems Velkoor has the best idea because I always have my phone and I love google so everything will just be a click away!

heavens no. I don't carry this around the parks! I have it in the room and for check-in purposes. I might take a pic of the agenda for the day but usually not. MDE kind of does the trick for the day to day stuff.

The binder is also for me to have at home while planning to make sure all the spending money, gift cards, and stuff are in place on the day we leave for Disney as well as our Mousekeeping and Restuarant gratuity that we will be taking with us, so I guess you could say its a pre-planning binder :D

I told my husband about Disney Bounding, wearing clothes that kind of maybe looking characters. His response? "Just tell me what to wear."

I didn't even think about him doing it. But I have months to think about and plan, so we will coordinate, too.

heavens no. I don't carry this around the parks! I have it in the room and for check-in purposes. I might take a pic of the agenda for the day but usually not. MDE kind of does the trick for the day to day stuff.

I have the MDE app downloaded, it makes my mom so jealous, she said she never had these things to make her life easier when she took us LOL

I told my husband about Disney Bounding, wearing clothes that kind of maybe looking characters. His response? "Just tell me what to wear."

I didn't even think about him doing it. But I have months to think about and plan, so we will coordinate, too.

Etsy has a lot of really CUTE couple outfits! My husband isn't one to dress in matching clothes but he knows that Disney is special to me so he has agreed to wear them with me :yay:

Does anyone have a favorite type of sheet protector... I see many available from heavyweight, standard, economy, to top loading, side loading, secure top, clear, diamond clear.... A little overwhelming....

My "binder" is a folder in my email. I send myself emails with the info and collect the emails into one folder to make it easier to find and review later.

I use a composition book. I write down important details I get from DIS in different sections. I have Park sections, Food/budget sections, and so on. As the date gets closer I start organizing, trimming, and end up with a page per day that I look over the night before. But honestly I have it memorized by the time I get there I also pre plan our budgets for the day (with plenty of wiggle room) and prep wallets for the first 3 days then prep the rest on zip locks to fill later as the week progresses. This worked perfectly last trip so I am doing it again this involves mostly Disney Gc and few bills and a prepaid card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter