Show me your paddleboard photos!

BagOLaughs

Well I ain't evil, I'm just good looking
Hi everyone!

I'm in the UK and due to the pandemic restricting overseas travel I chose instead to stay in merry old England in 2021 and visit lots of different places to paddleboard.

This got me thinking, as most of the Dis are based in the US but also all over the world, I'd love to start a thread to see some paddle boarding photos in interesting locations!

So, anyone on here been paddle boarding! With the photo, post the board that you used / own and any other interesting information. I look forward to the responses.

Only fair if I go first, in August I took a paddle down a stretch of canal in lovely Wiltshire, I was able to get free on-road parking and entered via a lock. The stretch of canal I chose had no lock's for over 10km, I ended up doing 11km as a there and back with a cheeky rest on a bench half way. I saw a swan with her babies on the way and a flock of swallows swooping in and eating the bugs hovering over the top of the canal water. The weather was beautiful at a sunny 25°C.

I have a Bluefin 10'8 board with fiberglass paddle, it needed a good scrub after the paddle from the plants and algae.

Hope you enjoy the photos!

IMG_20210911_124136.jpg

Screenshot 2022-04-25 104538.jpg

IMG_20210911_125734.jpg

IMG_20210911_133336.jpg

A trip to the Isle of Wight, the weather was fantastic, however sea temperature averages about 16 degC in the UK, so this was still a wetsuit paddle and swim. Same Bluefin board as before, a 5km shore paddle.

20210826_111402.jpg

20210825_203128.jpg

20210823_190100.jpg

Reactions: GAN
Beautiful pictures, BOL! Looks like a great, fun time. That activity is a bit (okay, a LOT) beyond me. But it sure looks great! Hope others join in here. Thanks for sharing, BOL.

I'm lucky to be part of a paddle boarding group in my local area. These photos are from a Christmas Canal paddle we did, we started in a pub, paddled 10km and finished in a pub.

The theme was Christmas outfits, lots of happy children on the toe-path that morning.

FB_IMG_1639335596217.jpg

FB_IMG_1639330901365.jpg

FB_IMG_1639335614405.jpg

Beautiful pictures, BOL! Looks like a great, fun time. That activity is a bit (okay, a LOT) beyond me. But it sure looks great! Hope others join in here. Thanks for sharing, BOL.

Thank you very much, I don't seem to have had much interest, but I have many more photos to share here, haha. I'll just keep going.

Thank you very much, I don't seem to have had much interest, but I have many more photos to share here, haha. I'll just keep going.
Good start and finish for the Christmas paddle, a pub. :drinking1 That Christmas paddle looks like it was fun.

Those boats, the big ones, those are towed in the canal? Neat. I know we used to have those in the US, not sure if we still do. I'm kind of sure there are still some.

Is that you on the paddleboard with the yellow thing in the front, and you with the striped sleeves?

And yeah, just keep going!! :thumbsup2

Good start and finish for the Christmas paddle, a pub. :drinking1 That Christmas paddle looks like it was fun.

Those boats, the big ones, those are towed in the canal? Neat. I know we used to have those in the US, not sure if we still do. I'm kind of sure there are still some.

Is that you on the paddleboard with the yellow thing in the front, and you with the striped sleeves?

And yeah, just keep going!! :thumbsup2

The canal boats, they're basically campervans but on the water, I know a couple that live on one, and a friend who has one for holidays. They're awesome. They do go under their own steam, usually have a diesel engine in them.

Yes I'm the stripy sleeves one, haha, it was a good day.

Thanks for the encouragement

Another trip in the UK was to Tynemouth in Devon, you'll see the sand here is a dark red colour due to the cliffs. My friend Justine was with me in a kayak. I had my usual Bluefin board. Weather was warm, but wetsuit was chosen because of the sea temperature. Chilly!

20210707_151133.jpg

20210707_113022.jpg

20210707_114259.jpg

Looks like fun for sure! There has to be some paddleboard people on this board, no? Neat about those canal boats.

If was 40 or 50 years younger, I might give it a try. Thank again for sharing. Neat about those canal boats. I like your holiday outfit, real cheery.

Another paddleboard thread :cool1: 🏄‍♀️

added

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter