Show me your July pictures please

catho72

DIS Veteran
Yes, I know July is the hottest month (and extremely crowded), but it's the only time I could schedule our annual trip to WDW. We've vacationed at WDW during President's Week in February (crowded), June (crazy hot and pretty crowded) and September (hot but not crowded), now we are going in mid-July. Does anyone have any pictures showing how crowded it is in July?

Thanks for sharing!!!!

Here's the Magic Kingdom right after rope drop on July 5th.

HPIM9758.jpg

Here's the line for Mickey's Philharmagic an hour after rope drop when we had already ridden Dumbo, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, Small World, and Cinderella's Carousel.

HPIM9794.jpg

Here's our quiet resort, where we went for a break around lunch time to avoid crowds.

HPIM9857.jpg

Here's Tomorrowland after dinner in the cooler evening hours.

HPIM9896.jpg

Here's EPCOT after we were done with Future World - we were there at rope drop, so I'd say this is about 11 AM on July 6th.

HPIM9978.jpg

Here's the World Showcase in the early afternoon.

HPIM9984.jpg

HPIM0006.jpg

Here's Hollywood Studios at rope drop on July 7th:

HPIM0056.jpg

HPIM0057.jpg

Here's the line for Toy Story Mania AS SOON AS THE PARK OPENS.
HPIM0069.jpg

Here's Animal Kingdom at rope drop when hurrying to get Everest Fastpasses on July 10th.

HPIM0696.jpg

Here's Chester and Hester's Dinoland while waiting for the rest of your group to catch up after you get Everest fastpasses at rope drop.

HPIM0704.jpg

Here's Animal Kingdom a bit later in the morning.

HPIM0740.jpg

Here's another Magic Kingdom day - starting at Splash Mountain near rope drop time on July 9th.

HPIM0372.jpg

And moving to Adventureland around 10:30 AM.

HPIM1039.jpg

DH tells me I'm being too snarky. But the fact is, if you get there at rope drop, take an afternoon break, and return in the evening, you can miss most crowds. Even in July.

Except the crowds right after parades and during shows. This is the Magic Kingdom on July 11th right after the Move It Shake It Celebrate It parade when the audience is allowed to move down Main Street again.

HPIM1087.jpg

And this is the crowd at Fantasmic! on July 7th.

HPIM0194.jpg

So don't get me wrong. The people ARE there. But they can be avoided! :thumbsup2

Oh my gosh! I love your pictures! We are rope drop people...getting to the parks for rope drop, taking an afternoon break, and returning at night are definitely the way to avoid the crowds. Thanks for the pictures! :)

Awesome! I applaud your ability to stay ahead of the crowds! Looks like making those 8am EMH really pays off!

Kerri

Oh my gosh! I love your pictures! We are rope drop people...getting to the parks for rope drop, taking an afternoon break, and returning at night are definitely the way to avoid the crowds. Thanks for the pictures! :)

We are going to be there in mid July too. Early mornings, afternoon naps, and late nights are our plans. Its a good thing that only one of us doesn't like naps. I'm hoping he will after a couple of days.

Our picture threads are kept on the Theme Parks Community board, so I've moved this one. :)

WOW, we were there in July 2007 and it did not look like that at all. We have always done RD... afternoon break ...back in the evening. We did well in 07 with a tour plan, but it was much , much more crowded than your pics. We are going in Aug. this year, I hope it's more like your pics than our last summer trip!!!!

I hope the parks are like this when we go this July. We will be there the same week this year. I guess making sure you are there by rope drop really works. Plan on doing the same. Rope drop back to rest in the early afternoon and going back to the parks at night. Thanks for the pics.

Those picture at the top just gave me so much hope... I'll be there July 5-9 and I'm a tad bit nervous with the crowds. I've dealt with huge crowds before so it's nothing I can't handle, but I would LOVE to see something like what you saw!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter