• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should we switch??

qbmillar

Mouseketeer
We are planning an October 2020 trip, staying CL at Contemporary. I have been seeing a lot of details on the new tower at Coronado, am I crazy for considering switching to CL in the new tower? We are 2 adults, 2 kids (12 & 6).

I personally would not. Contemporary is nice and the location is great. If the cost savings is significant and you can use the money for other fun stuff though you could do a heck of a lot worse than Coronado.

I wouldn't. While Gran Destino looks lovely, you will be giving up a prime location by moving from CR to CSR. IMHO, time is money at WDW and the closer I can be to the parks, the better.

We just stayed at CR in a theme park view room last weekend and it was possibly the most magical trip to Disney I've ever taken -- and I love CSR, but the CR was amazing. Stay put is my vote!

I'll start by saying that CR is at the bottom of my list to stay at, so that may cloud my answer.

I'm going against the grain and saying I'd switch up to the Gran Destino at CSR without a 2nd thought. The new tower looks amazing. I had just stayed at the YC in early June and, imo, the room at the Gran Destino rivals the deluxe rooms. ( although slightly smaller ) With the addition of the new restaurant in the tower, the new dining over the water on the lake and all the bells and whistles as the new tower, it's a no brainer for me.

If you haven't seen it yet, I would watch the vlog that thetimtracker did - his detail is fantastic and also the review Craig and Fiasco did ( via dusunplugged ) on the new restaurant, Toledo.

I've never been interested in staying at CR but I did just switch our tower room next month to AKL. The reviews on the buses, lack of "Disney" feeling and no mug refill station or gift shop in the tower changed my mind.
It really looks beautiful and if it was anywhere else, I'd love to stay there, just not at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter