Should we change our plans?

kella

Earning My Ears
We had originally thought about our first trip to DL in May 06 but I just found out that POC will be closed for refurbishing until June 16th. This one of our whole family's favorite rides. How much more crowded will it be say the week of June 19th or so, that any week in May? I hate to visit DL and not be able to ride one of the originals! HELP!

Since school is out in June, it will be a lot more crowded. It will also cost more at a lot of the hotels. If you and your family really don't want to miss out on Pirates, then you will sacrifice having to wait in longer lines. If you can bear to miss it, I'd say go in May.

I just recently returned from my first trip to DL in over 15 years. I had hoped to have the "nostalgia" of some of the classic rides, however HM and Small World had their holiday overlays. Although they weren't the way I remembered them, the holiday overlays were something fun and enjoyable for me. Also I have a new favorite to add to my list - Buzz Lightyear.

One other thing I noticed is that many of the rides were down temporarily repeatedly while we were there. Splash Mountain, Soarin, and many others were down for an hour or two at least once while we were there. I am an over planner and tried so hard to plan the perfect trip, but you can't. I practically hinged my whole trip around the fireworks and they were cancelled due to wind all three days we were there. But our trip wasn't ruined, it was still great.

In hindsight from my trip I would say plan your trip the way you originally had it, accept that you'll miss POC and enjoy having the park less crowded. Don't reschedule due to one ride being down - it's probably not the only unexpected thing that will happen. :goodvibes

I am hoping that when we go in our easter holidays it might be a little less full due to POC being down. My daughter refused to go on it at WDW and I didn't particularly like it, but I had thought BB sounded good. I guess though you will never get everything I personally would be guttted if Small World was closed down!

That would be a tough call for us too since POC is also one of our favorite rides, but we go to DL every year, so it wouldn't be such a big deal for us to miss it. However for you, it's your first trip to DL right? Hmmmmm, that makes it an even tougher call. To miss POC on your first trip to DL?! - that just doesn't seem right! :earseek:

I'm thinking since you're planning so far in advance, it would be easy for you to change your trip plans by a few weeks. It will be more crowded in June, but still should be a pleasant and fun time to visit. :rotfl:

joanne1968 said:
I personally would be guttted if Small World was closed down!

This happened to us last year at WDW. :guilty: We were so looking forward to taking our almost 3 yo on it, too. We almost changed the dates of our trip, but I'm glad we didn't. In the end, the timing worked better for us, plus it was a good reason to plan another trip! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter