Should Previously Closed Parks Be Refurbished & Re-Opened?

Should WDW Re-Open The Two Previously Closed Parks: River Country Water Park & Discovery Island?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

Forum Jumper

uses lots of words
Wouldn't it be to the Disney Park System advantage to re-open the two previously permanently closed parks: River Country Water Park & Discovery Island? Seems like there are enough visitors to utilize those parks if opened. Both employees and visitors would get an advantage with an additional water park and an additional island, wouldn't they? More people to hire and more room for visitors to flow to.

I believe you're speaking of Typhoon Lagoon but am not sure which island you're speaking of?

It seems Blizzard Beach isn't near full so I'm not convinced opening another water park (and taking away staff from other locations) would prove helpful right now.

Personally, I still believe the difficulty hiring cast members is one of the big reasons more things are not open yet. That and, many people are just not ready to go back to Disney right now.

(Edited as you edited your question as I was writing my response. It does not change my answers though.

No, River Country is long gone and a new resort is being built in it's place. And, I'm not sure Pleasure Island still exists. Keeping my answer the same - no, it's not worth brining either of these locations back to life.)

There's plenty to do already at WDW. I think I've been there for 31 or 32 days total so far, and there are still things I haven't done at the parks and resorts.

River Country has been totally demolished to make way for the future DVC resort Reflections. There's no possible way it ever comes back. They already have 2 water parks, doesn't make any sense to have a 3rd.

I wouldn't mind them bringing Discovery Island back though. I think it would be neat.

We loved Discovery Island! But if they brought that back we'd no longer get to hear amusing tales of idiots swimming / boating over there to try and film it :goodvibes .

As the previous poster mentioned, River Country is long gone. There's nothing left to reopen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter