Should I try Hagrids if ........

kaceyisme

Just passing the time until my next trip
Should I try Hagrids based on the following:

I love Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, The Mummy

I can't ride Rockin Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, The Hulk.

Your expert opinions please!

While I’ve never ridden Hagrids, I have ridden Verbolten at BG Williamsburg and I can say it can get very intense. I would recommend a POV video.
As of right now I’d say no

I'm in a similar boat. I'm good with Space, Big Thunder, 7Dwarves. But I get sick on Everest (backwards), Forbidden Journey (but I do it anyway 😜) and I'm too much of a baby for the Hulk. I did just fine on Hagrid's. It's pretty fast and there's a little drop, but the backwards movement didn't bother me on it like Everest does. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again! I think you should give it a shot.

hmm, that's tough, because it's such a cool, well-themed coaster, part of Wizarding World, and all that.....BUT it totally made me sick, just about did me in. I can do Everest well enough, RnRC, but haven't tried Hulk.... Could've been that I rode first thing in the AM, empty stomach, which is worse for me. If you don't mind spoilers, watch a POV. But since it's part of WW, I definitely wanted to experience it. At least do the queue! Maybe the side car is a little tamer????

Last edited:
Should I try Hagrids based on the following:

I love Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, The Mummy

I can't ride Rockin Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, The Hulk.

Your expert opinions please!
I love Big Thunder Mountain, will ride Space Mountain, and rode The Mummy for the first time a few weeks ago (liked it). I have never ridden the 3 you can’t ride. I don’t care for the more intense coasters.
I rode Hagrid’s for the first time recently. It was at the top of my coaster comfort zone, but I really liked it and will definitely ride again. I say go for it.

Thanks everyone! I think I’ll give it a go. The suggestion to ride in the sidecar is appreciated. I was thinking that would be a better choice for me!

I was gonna say - try it, but definitely sit in the sidecar - it's less "feel of the ride" in the car, which is a good thing...

Thanks everyone! I think I’ll give it a go. The suggestion to ride in the sidecar is appreciated. I was thinking that would be a better choice for me!

Glad to hear it!!

If you can do The Mummy, you`ll be fine on this......hope you love it.

You'll do fine if you can do Space and The Mummy (both in the dark) Hagrid's is 90% outside, doesn't go way up high, accelerates quickly but also gently slows down for different scenes. The backwards part is similar to EE in that it suddenly looks like the track ends and then goes backward, but it's outside, and way less intense. The drop is surprising the first time, but it's really nothing ( I think 6 feet?) and the end of the drop is very gentle, not jarring. Definitely do the sidecar first, that's what I did. After that, it was the bike for me every time!

Disclaimer: I also have never ridden Hulk, RRR, RnRC, etc. I have been on EE a few times quite awhile ago, but Hagrid's doesn't go as high.

Definitely give it a try. If you can do the Mummy, then this is totally doable. Also, the backwards portion on Everest is very intense for me & I am a coaster fan! Hagrid’s isn’t as intense as Everest, Rock n Rollercoaster, or Hulk in height, speed, or drops. I agree that the sidecar is more comfortable with less intensity. Hagrid’s is smooth and family friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter