Should I splurge for the Disneyland Hotel?

that's a great discount. go for it.

if it was the full rate or near their typical discount I would say no.

Yes!! I stayed there for the first time in January (I was lucky enough to tag along with a friend who had a conference there) and it’s great to be able to walk to the parks and be right by Downtown Disney. Plus there are so many nice Disney touches in the hotel :-)

Yes! We stayed at Paradise Pier one trip vs offsite across the street at Camelot. We loved the extra morning hour in the morning and feeling like we were in the bubble. We got so much done in that hour at DCA, way better than we thought.

In our case we did PPH at a steep discount too, we booked less than 30 days out Mon-Thurs so we got a last minute deal direct from Disney. The offsite we’re going to cost us about the same oddly enough because it was last minute so the procrastination paid off that time lol.

Yes do it. We did it last year for our first time after many visits to Disneyland.
Fair warning, you might not ever want to do Disney without staying onsite.

For us it was supposed to be a one time thing for DD. We are now going back and staying on site at DLH again.
The prices are high, but honestly for us it is worth every penny.

Stayed offsite ONCE. If it means staying offsite or not going to Disneyland... we don't go. Onsite is the only way to go once you've experienced it.

I can't even imagine that! I would rather go 4-5 times a year x at least 3 days each than stay onsite once a year for 5 days. It probably equals out or comes to less, plus we have a trip to look forward to every quarter. I think the only way we would pay over $400/night for a basic room is if it's at a historic or exceptionally unique hotel, which we've done in the past but just can't justify it for the Disneyland hotels.

Grand/DLH @ $500/night (at least) for 2 queen beds x 5 = $2,500
vs
Offsite @ $200/night (give or take) for 2 queen beds x 12 = $2,400

Of course add airfare on top of that, but we can find really great deals usually.

Haha, with my reasoning it's probably a good thing we don't stay onsite! ;) Of course if you can't take as many vacations, it's probably the same to just go all out on a once-a-year trip.

Last edited:
I’ve only stayed offsite twice ever, once at a Hilton (which was very nice, but had to shuttle a ways) and once at the Anabella (which was torn down and being rebuilt now, a little closer, but not close enough for me to take breaks). It is definitely pricier to stay onsite, but for me is totally worth it for the convenience alone. The feeling of being able to stroll thru DTD or DCA and go straight up to my room is just so nice and super easy, esp with kids. I haven’t stayed at the DLH in about 11 years, the GCH is a big splurge, but totally worth saving for. PPH (IMO) isn’t really worth the on-site prices, it’s quite a walk and to me, isn’t that great. I’m very much looking forward to staying at GCH in about a month, and anytime someone can swing it, I would always say go for it. This is prob my last trip for a couple years, so we wanted to leave with an exceptional experience.
But my .02 is YES. Definitely splurge on DLH, especially for that price difference!

Stayed offsite ONCE. If it means staying offsite or not going to Disneyland... we don't go. Onsite is the only way to go once you've experienced it.

You sound exactly like my husband! We stayed offsite once and never again. He literally told me we are not going again if we can't stay onsite. Now we just view if as a fixed cost on the vacation budget, just like tickets. To us the cost is well worth it.

For $200 additional for the entire stay, I would do it.

I'm going to caveat this with the note that there will be construction for the new hotel that is being built between the Disneyland Hotel and the park, so you will be walking through that. Having said that, I'm sure Disney will have a distinct path, and there will be walls up to direct you where to go. So you need to take that into consideration.

Personally, even with the construction going on I would definitely stay at the Disneyland Hotel for the deal you are getting. And, if you have time, choose a meal or two at one of the restaurants in Downtown Disney. I think it will be a really nice treat for you and your mother.

I can't even imagine that! I would rather go 4-5 times a year x at least 3 days each than stay onsite once a year for 5 days. It probably equals out or comes to less, plus we have a trip to look forward to every quarter. I think the only way we would pay over $400/night for a basic room is if it's at a historic or exceptionally unique hotel, which we've done in the past but just can't justify it for the Disneyland hotels.

Grand/DLH @ $500/night (at least) for 2 queen beds x 5 = $2,500
vs
Offsite @ $200/night (give or take) for 2 queen beds x 12 = $2,400

Of course add airfare on top of that, but we can find really great deals usually.

Haha, with my reasoning it's probably a good thing we don't stay onsite! ;) Of course if you can't take as many vacations, it's probably the same to just go all out on a once-a-year trip.
I’ll probably never stay onsite. I’m too cheap. And I’m afraid I can’t go any other way after that’s

I’ll probably never stay onsite. I’m too cheap. And I’m afraid I can’t go any other way after that’s

Same! While it might be a nice treat, I just could never justify it. Even if I had unlimited funds, I would still think "well, I could be using that $$ for something else..." :laughing: Is there a word similar to "foodie" that's for hotels? Well if there is, we're not it lol

So I'm currently paying $628 for my accommodations offsite, for 3 nights.

I didn't think to check but I can get discounted rates for Disneyland hotels. Regular rate for the Disneyland Hotel would be $1687.14 for 3 nights. With the discount rate, I can get it for $843, about 50% off.

It would be about $200 more than what I'm paying now, staying at the Howard Johnson...should I do it? It is worth it?

Edit: In September, Mother/Daughter trip
Out of curiosity is it a corp discount or something from your work, or do you know where to get a good discount that you could POSSIBLY pass along :]

Same! While it might be a nice treat, I just could never justify it. Even if I had unlimited funds, I would still think "well, I could be using that $$ for something else..." :laughing: Is there a word similar to "foodie" that's for hotels? Well if there is, we're not it lol
I’m not a foodie either. Haha my sister asked If I wanted to go to in napa rose. Um, no way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter