Should I Skip Transformers?

jsmla

DIS Veteran
It's been over five years since I've visited UO so there will be quite a lot of things that will be new to me. I was wondering about the Transformers ride at Universal Studios. I love rides but really don't enjoy this film genre. Haven't read the Harry Potter books or seen those movies either but I enjoyed Forbidden Journey very much because of the great effects. Spider-Man wasn't quite as big of a success. Is the Transformer ride special enough to ride even though I don't know the storyline and usually avoid sci fi or futuristic/action/superhero type movies?

I'm trying to avoid lines as much as possible and am seriously thinking about skipping this one during my commando(ish) morning.

Thanks!

I'm not a fan of the Transformer movies but tried the ride. I liked Spiderman much better but the ride experiences are similar. Transformers for me is not a must do. I would say if the line is under 20 minutes give it a go and decide for yourself.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. Skip Transformers in the morning and if I can hop on later without a big wait I'll give it a try :)

I have never seen a TF movie........I know I'm quite odd.........but the ride didn't do a whole lot for me.......I found it better visually than Spider-Man, but much prefer Spider-Man as a ride.

I found TF too rough at times, never felt that with SM. So, yes, I missed it out quite a lot last year and DH went on his own.

So, for me it would be one to miss and if the queue has gone down then jump on.

My daughter and I have not seen the Transformer movies which was a plus. She was not interested in the gift shop. We rode three times in a row. She loved it. It was pretty rough and lots of commotion. She hated Spider Man which i liked. I found Transformer and Spider man to be pretty similar.

I think this ride is really interesting just for the special effects. I kept taking the glasses off just so I could see all around me.

Cool queue (temperature and content), short EP wait and a fun ride complete with WD40 Smell-o-vision. I never saw any of the movies but you gotta love Wheelie !

I have not seen nor do I have any interest in seeing the Transformers movies, but that didnt deter me from doing the ride. It is one of my favourites at US- we always have express pass so I do it a few times per day haha

I never saw Transformers either and I loved the ride. We rode it several times while we were there.

No, don't skip it! It is different enough from Spiderman to warrant a ride or two or three.

I agree with the others who say don't skip it.

It is a great ride IMO. I have seen a couple of the movies, but not a huge fan. My wife has seen one of the movies I think. However we both really enjoyed the ride and rode it multiple times our last trip.

Thanks everyone!

I rode Spider-Man with our son and it really just felt like a lot of noise, confusion and flashing lights. I have photophobia which doesn't help

The screens in the queue really explain what is going on in Transformers. But people just blow right by them. Take a few minutes to watch them and the ride makes a lot more sense. They usually have a spot you can watch without the line backing up behind you.

The screens in the queue really explain what is going on in Transformers. But people just blow right by them. Take a few minutes to watch them and the ride makes a lot more sense. They usually have a spot you can watch without the line backing up behind you.
I feel the same way
The story line is helpful to understand what the ride is about

It is more of a total experience if you are familiar with the story so the tv/ monitors in the ride line, are important

It helps you connect to this ride

Make sure to tell us how it is/was!

Personally, I am not a Transformers fan, but I was able to catch the story (through the videos) even though the first time I rode it was not that long of a wait (all other times I was single riders so I flew by the videos). That being said, amazing ride. Even better when you're up front and by yourself. Which I'm sure almost never happens, but I managed to do that once in the morning and that was quite a thrilling experience. The "4D" effect aspect is great on the ride. And at the moment, I like it a little more than Spiderman (probably only because it's something new to me that I just experienced).

Also, I have to admit I am a big fan (which might sound weird to some) of the windy and cool parts of the ride, simply for the fact that I like cold weather, especially since this is Florida after all (it's always HOT ugh).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter