• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I retry Via Napoli?

Pdollar88

DIS Veteran
I’m considering trying to redo my September plans and squeeze in Via Napoli for lunch.

Tried it in March - enjoyed it a bit, but didn’t live the pizza we got. I had planned to get a simple pizza, but my bf picked a large capricciosa pizza, which I felt was too weighed down by ingredients and slightly off putting because of the artichokes. I enjoyed the crust a lot though.

Should I give Via Napoli another try for a quick lunch? I’ll also be there during Food and Wine, so I’m hesitant.

I like Via Napoli but there are a lot of great options in Epcot! If it wasn't your thing, try something new this time....

Maybe I’ll go to Blaze for a late pizza! Although I don’t know if three hours is enough time for Homecomin’ to wear off.

As for Epcot, I’ll stick with the booths. My one dinner at Epcot is at Le Cellier for the first time!

I travel with children who think a week or two without pizza is some form of torture (yes I learned how to make a pie over a wood fire whilst camping w/ them two) and for the one who lives in NC, it probably is. He visits relatives in NYC almost every summer and that's all he ever wants to eat here - sort of like a squirrel storing nuts for the winter, LOL.

I love the pizza @ VN but as a pizza purist I tend to order the Margherita at least first time out. Still, if traveling solo I'd opt for the ease of grabbing a Sicilian slice @ Pizza Ponte. No need to make a reservation and at least one of the junior "pizzaholics" liked it fine enough during our December trip; the other one didn't make the trip so remains opinion-less for the moment;).

Should you visit Via Napoli again? Sure but might not make sense if you are planning to partake in the offerings of the F+W festival.

We go there every trip. Calamari, simple margherita pizzas, sparkling mineral water or that weird fruit drink for kids makes for a happy family. Often times you can get in without a reservation if you’re willing to sit outside.

Never have an Epcot visit without a trip to Via Napoli. We get half cheese, half pepperoni mezza metro, salad or the fried veggies, Aqua frescos. Perfect

I would except you will be there during Food and wine, so I would skip it and eat at the kiosks instead.

I always use a 3 strikes policy on WDW restaurants because its entirely possible that you just got them on a bad day and you ran into a cook that was just phoning it in.

Via Napoli is a repeat for us. But we always get the four cheese pizza and it never disappoints.

We weren't impressed with the Via Napoli pizza. We also had the same pizza as you as well as the pepperoni. I normally like artichokes, but when we got it, it was heavy on the artichokes and painfully light on all of the other toppings. The pepperoni had the same sparse topping issues and both pizzas were super thin and soggy. My parents have been a few times since that visit and have said it's just inconsistent. Sometimes the pizza is a good and sometimes not so much. I'm tired of gambling with a lack of consistent product, so I'd be inclined to skip it.

Other than being somewhat loud, and the servers, cute but slow to return, we find the pizza to be quite good. Since you were steered away from what you would have ordered (?) sure try it again. Cheese or pepperoni pizza and their big salad bowl makes for a lovely dinner. But Food & Wine has so much more interesting and tasty things for you to try, I don’t make reservation, I just nosh my way around and around!

We like Via Napoli and I would say try again if you were going any other time of year, however you will be there during F&W, so that might sway my decision. If you want a TS restaurant in order to take a proper kind of break, then go for it. After all, you did nto order what you really wanted the first time you visited. If you are just used to keeping a TS meal daily, I would skip it and sample the food booths.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter