Should I rent or travel with a Double Stroller?

DISfirstTimer

Mouseketeer
I will be traveling in January for a week with DH, DS6 and DD4. Although we almost never use a stroller at home I know my DD will require one on Day 1 and suspect my DS would use occasionally by the 2nd day. My original plan was to bring our Single Baby Jogger as it is very easy to travel with. I figured my kids could take turns or my DS could sit on the very end where you put your feet. (he has done this in the past). However, when I dug my stroller out for the first time in a long today, I realized this is probably not going to work because both my children have grown so much. I foresee it causing unnecessary fighting.

I recently sold my Double BOB to a friend but I think she would let me borrow it to take to Disney. I have never traveled with this stroller. We have direct flights, a rental car, and plan to travel with 4 carry-ons (all spinner wheels). My question is should I borrow a stroller and travel with it or should I rent a double stroller from Disney or other service? Basically is it worth the cost to avoid the hassle?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

We rent to save the hassle. It is nice not to struggle with the stroller getting through security/wait for it after unloading from the plane. The rental companies will drop off and pick up the strollers from your resort's bell area. We used Orlando Stroller Rental and were very happy. They also provide complimentary rain covers.

we also rented to avoid the hassle of taking the stroller on the plane. I was also worried about my double being thrown around and damaged on the plane. We rented from kingdom and it was waiting at the hotel when we arrived and we left it with bell services when we checked out.

Since the kids are older I would say rent one. no reason to drag one when they are walking through the airport and all and now you have to carry a stroller too

Just checked out the prices and it was much more affordable than I thought! Which model do you recommend? I used to have BOB but found it bulky. I have a single Baby Jogger and it folds so easy. Is the double similar?

The double City Mini or I think it was GT? was awesome and great for your ages of kids (ours were 4 & 7). That was in 2015, so there may be something new by now. Any of the stroller rental companies are great.

We had a great rental experience with Kingdom Strollers. We have twins, so a double is required. We took our own Bumbleride Indie Twin on our first trip and rented our second. We just didn't like the Citi Mini Double, so decided that future rentals wouldn't work for us. We leave in a few weeks and I splurged on a Zoe Double. It folds easily, weighs 17lbs, and can be carried with a shoulder strap! Our kids love it and it's just a great travel stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter