• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I leave it alone

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
Still no word from job B but job A is keeping me busy so should I just let job B go or call on Monday and find out what is going on

TIA for any replies

If you are really interested in job B, then I don't think calling would be out of line at all

Still no word from job B but job A is keeping me busy so should I just let job B go or call on Monday and find out what is going on

TIA for any replies
I've often read that a follow-up note/letter after an interview, along the lines of "Thank you for your interest in interviewing me. I look to hear from you soon." isn't a bad idea. But an actual phone call? I wouldn't. Seems too pushy.

I found this info about "what to do after an interview"
Send a prompt thank-you note

A positive, nonintrusive way to stay on an employer's mind is to send a thank-you note. Vega recommends emailing one within 24 hours of the interview, then following up with a handwritten note that arrives one to three business days later.

Send each interviewer a personalized, powerful follow-up letter

This piece of communication is another chance for you to shine, so don't waste space with generalities. Ford R. Myers, a career coach and author of "Get the Job You Want, Even When No One's Hiring,"recommends including specific references to each person you met and tying your accomplishments directly to the company's stated challenges.

You also can use the letter to introduce achievements that didn't get discussed and to elaborate on interview answers that you felt lacked punch.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/LIVING/08/08/do.after.job.interview.cb/index.html

Thanks everyone I talked to my mom earlier big surprise right and she did not have a kind word for job b nor did she think I had the time sense jobs As hers are unpredictable. Is there a way to let job b know I am no longer available when I applied my hrs were very different then boss of job A she needed me more

Is this a job that works with the jobs you need to take? ( I believe you need volunteer positions or positions under a certain amount of money?)
It would help to know if "job B" was available to you with transportation/bus passes, etc.
I admire you for trying to keep busy and working, however, sometimes the added stress and logistics of transportation, etc., aren't' worth it.

You said... I added punctuation and corrected spelling, to make it easier to read:
"Thanks everyone .
I talked to my mom earlier, big surprise right?
She did not have a kind word for job b nor did she think I had the time, since jobs As hours are unpredictable.
Is there a way to let job b know I am no longer available?
when I applied, my hrs were very different then boss of job A.
she needed more"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter