Should I give up on Tusker House?

TLMAriel

Earning My Ears
I’ve been desperately looking for a Tusker House PPO breakfast reservation and finally received an alert. I got all logged in, clicked the accept terms thing and go! Only to get that dreaded "Sorry for the Paws.”

We only have two weeks left and a party of 5. Should I give up? Anyone have any insight on how TH reservations usually go?

The thing I find is when attempting to find a place to dine in the Animal Kingdom or Animal Kingdom Area it is quite limited. Unless you leave the park and go to the AKL to dine I find it quite limited. I do find that the Tusker House being one of the most popular and in my opinion better of the restaurants in the Animal Kingdom it would be better to keep trying unless you want to try a dining option before you head to the Animal Kingdom at the AKL for breakfast. Boma is outstanding.

I would definitely have a backup plan, but don't give up! Sending you some pixie dust! I was waiting for a rez at BOG and didn't get an opening alert for months. Now at 3 weeks out I've been getting about an alert per day.

Thank you! I was shocked that I've gotten alerts for BOG but not TH. We did breakfast at TH on our last trip and loved it. It's the one place my ODS wants to eat. His brother and sister both picked 2 places (that we got reservations for) and the single one that he wants, we can't get. . . and its his birthday.

I always hear that the day before (when you need to drop before getting charged) there might be a spot or two that opens up. But I get your concern about it being a PPO at the best restaurant in AK so the odds might be lower. Unfortunately it will probably come down to luck, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I always hear that the day before (when you need to drop before getting charged) there might be a spot or two that opens up. But I get your concern about it being a PPO at the best restaurant in AK so the odds might be lower. Unfortunately it will probably come down to luck, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thank you! Yeah, I’m hoping there’s one dropped right before AND that I’m not too preoccupied to notice the alert as we’ll be in the parks the day before. Oh, well. He’s going to Disney, so he can’t be too upset if we don’t get it.

Yeah, hold on to the hope! We're there Thanksgiving week and I just cancelled one for the 21st at 10:10 (ours) and one at 11:15 (brother-in-laws) since we've decided to enjoy our day at AKL and head to the park later that day.

Ugh. I got another alert today and it was gone immediately. I had to have missed it by a fraction of a second. Idk if it makes me feel better (hopes that there will be another one) or worse (impossible to get it in time).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter