Should I combine DAS Pass and Genie+?

cleamon24

Earning My Ears
My family and I are going in September 2024, and my Dad is hoping to be approved for the DAS pass. This would be our first time using the DAS Pass and we are all about maximizing our time in the parks! Should we also buy Genie+, or will the DAS Pass wait times be little enough to where we won’t need Genie+?

DAS Return Times are basically equivalent to the the standby minus 10 minutes; you return any time after that but you cannot get another Return Time until it is used. Genie+ is a reservation for a specific period of time. They are 2 different systems. You can use both to compliment.

My family and I are going in September 2024, and my Dad is hoping to be approved for the DAS pass. This would be our first time using the DAS Pass and we are all about maximizing our time in the parks! Should we also buy Genie+, or will the DAS Pass wait times be little enough to where we won’t need Genie+?
DAS wait times are the same as the Stand By wait times. You don't save any time, sometimes you wait longer because there can be the additional wait once you are inside the Lightning Lane.

Some trips we use G+ depending on how busy the parks are. And sadly Disney seems to overinflate the Standby wait times (I think to push folks to buy G+) so with a DAS you are really waiting longer than others.

The one thing your dad needs to know about the DAS pass is that whatever rides he chooses with it, he has to ride. I think that’s a good reason to get the Genie+ as well. I am planning to do that on our next trip so I can get a LL for Slinky Dog instead of a DAS pass. (My granddaughter really wants to ride, but I probably won’t)

We did just fine with DAS only in early December, but what helped us is the familiarity we have with the parks after going to WDW roughly 60 times over the last 22 years. MK is the only park we would consider Genie+ for if it was busier than our time there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter