Should I buy?

tinkrbells

Faith, trust, & a little Pixie Dust
I have a few questions that I am hoping someone here can answer for me.

What is the purchase price of 150 pts?
Can anyone who has financed their DVC purchase recently, give me a rough estimate on what I would be spending per month on a "mortgage"? Are they selling for BWV still or for the VWL?

Any help anyone can be would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

tinkrbells

hi: old key west and boardwalk villas are available only through resale at this time. disney is currently selling villas at wilderness lodge, hilton head, and vero beach. the current sales price is $75 per point. the one thing you will see stressed for the umpteenth time here is : BUY WHERE YOU PLAN TO STAY. this is important due to the 11 month booking window of your home resort. read the faq on this site. you may also want to drop in on the chat room tonight-the topic is dvc. there has also been a fair amount of speculation about pre-sales of beach club villas which are scheduled to open approximately september, 2002. we financed our original bwv purchase through disney because their rate was better than the bank's. i think the interest rate was about 8 or 9% at the time. when we purchased an add-on at bwv last year before they sold out, our bank's rate was better than disney's. disney does try to offer the first-time buyer a great rate. any other questions, just post.

I agree on the suggestion that you "Buy where you want to stay." :). If you want to stay at BWV, you'll have to buy a resale. The minus about buying a resale is that financing is not as attractive as through Disney. Since you're asking about payments, I assume that you will want good financing. You've stayed at VWL and you can buy there from Disney. The current price is $75 per point, but you can sell back your first year's worth of points to Disney for $10 per point reducing the cost to $65 per point.

If you don't have a guide yet, it might be worth your while to call someone. They are not pushy and would be able to answer all your questions about financing and which use years are available.

Good luck and please feel free to ask any other questions.

I am pretty positive we will be purchasing DVC in the next year...granted the economy doesn't go really down hill. I appreciate everyone for giving me some great information.

Thanks for all of the info Deb!

We will not make a decision until we stay the BWV in January. We stayed at the VWL this past Feb and loved it!

So the decision will be buying resale or going thru Disney.

Thanks!

tinkrbells

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter