• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should ECV use be required at all Disney parks?

Should ECV use be required at all Disney parks?

• Yes

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Are you crazy?!?

Votes: 23 74.2%

• Total voters

StevieTimes

Earning My Ears
I was sitting here relaxing on a Saturday afternoon, thinking about Disney transportation options. Then it struck me; my most genius idea ever!

As soon as you tap in, you are guided to an ECV. You must use this to get around the park.

This also solves fastpass! It will now literally be "fast pass". You spend more for a faster ECV, like genie plus! Or if you really want to spend just to get to one ride (ILL), you can pay for a turbo boost!

The best part is not having to walk around the whole park!

I can foresee zero problems with this. None. Fact. There now it's irrefutable.

1) Cost. Someone has to purchase and maintain all of these. So do ticket prices jump up or does Disney eat into it's profits?
2) How do you handle young kids (say under 5)? Basically those that utilize strollers? Modify ALL the ECVs so a toddler can ride? What if there's two young kids and one parent?
3) Space. Where do you fit all of these ECVs? Especially when people go on rides?

That's just off the top of my head.

And what about people who have medical conditions where they cannot drive an ECV? Or cannot sit for long periods of time?

The idea of everybody using one is beyond absurd.

1) Cost. Someone has to purchase and maintain all of these. So do ticket prices jump up or does Disney eat into it's profits?
2) How do you handle young kids (say under 5)? Basically those that utilize strollers? Modify ALL the ECVs so a toddler can ride? What if there's two young kids and one parent?
3) Space. Where do you fit all of these ECVs? Especially when people go on rides?

That's just off the top of my head.
For question #2 - how about installing side cars? 😁

Yea, don't see it as workable. Would create far more issues then it supposedly resolves. If you think those narrow walkways are crowded now, it would be total gridlock with those devices everywhere. Someone's failed attempt @ humor?

I was sitting here relaxing on a Saturday afternoon, thinking about Disney transportation options. Then it struck me; my most genius idea ever!

As soon as you tap in, you are guided to an ECV. You must use this to get around the park.

This also solves fastpass! It will now literally be "fast pass". You spend more for a faster ECV, like genie plus! Or if you really want to spend just to get to one ride (ILL), you can pay for a turbo boost!

The best part is not having to walk around the whole park!

Really? zero problems?
There's only about 1 million problems with it

I think a few people missed where I said "Fact". According to internet rules of engagement, once something has been declared a fact, it is no longer debatable.

I will admit I did it slightly wrong, as I should have used all caps.

I am curious. When I lived in Europe, I never saw an ECV. The stores did not have them as many in the US do. I never went to Disneyland Paris so I don't know if they have them there. From my perspective these seem to a strictly American thing. Those living overseas, please chime in.

I am curious. When I lived in Europe, I never saw an ECV. The stores did not have them as many in the US do. I never went to Disneyland Paris so I don't know if they have them there. From my perspective these seem to a strictly American thing. Those living overseas, please chime in.
I never saw an ECV when I lived in Germany or any of the other countries I did trips to while I was there. I don't remember seeing them in Disneyland Paris but that trip was almost 10 years ago. When I went to Tokyo Disneyland, I saw 0 ECVs. I remember a lot of the ride queues being too small/narrow to fit them as well.

Heck, I'll go so far as to say I don't see them outside of theme parks even in the US or maybe a grocery store

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter