Shortest Flower and Garden festival

I’m bummed as well. Going the first week of June and was excited to be there for the festival.

How long do they wait to take down the topiaries?
Unfortunately they will take them down very soon after the festival ends, possibly even that night. :( Sorry it's ending so early this year. Hoping they're planning a new summer festival! We're visiting in Aug and would be happy to experience a new festival if one is offered.

aww, that's a shame, but that's similar to previous years. We've been traveling at the end of May/early June for a long time now, and we used to be lucky to catch the last weekend of F/G in May. I was glad they extended it into June these last few years. It's become my favorite festival.

I always go in April but was surprised when I saw how short it was going to be. I'm probably going to go some time mid-November as well hoping to catch F&W and Christmas decorations at the same time. I love to see the decorations but hate the crowds in December so that would be a win for me. I only go during Festivals now, I find the booths work well for me since I don't eat large meals and the small offerings are perfect.

Add me to the list of those who like Epcot better without the festivals. They are fun for a bit but it's just become to crowded with people drinking all day long. By the evening it's not so family friendly. Don't get me wrong I always have a drink while there but people are treating it like the new pleasure island.

It was just announced that F&G will start in February but end May 27th. In the past, this festival would go through July and F&W would start in August. Does anyone think they're going to have nothing special going on from May all the way to August? Epcot is always so empty without the booths, shows, etc. Our trip is in June and I was really looking forward to the F&G festival.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...4-epcot-international-flower-garden-festival/
I’m excited for the festival. It’s my favorite one. I just wish there were better entertainers during my visit. I’ve never even heard of the ones performing.

I'll join the list who like the pared back 'festivals'. Seems like any time of the year I go to Epcot the past few years, it's always festival time. I miss the quieter Epcot times, and wish more people went to Epcot to enjoy the countries, rides, educational stuff, etc that it used to be about. I still regret that Epcot has lost so much of the educational side - technology, ecology, robotics, future predictions, and more were always a big part of the Epcot experience in the 80s...even the World Showcase was about meeting people from those countries, learning cultures, and seeing arts, hearing music, etc.

Not that I didn't enjoy Flower & Garden and Food & Wine - I love both and always enjoy going to them - I just like to see them return to being actual 'festivals' - a month or two of the year, spread out.

How crowded will the first couple of days of the festival be? I'm there the first 3 days of it, and trying to figure out which will be the least crowded day to go.

How crowded will the first couple of days of the festival be? I'm there the first 3 days of it, and trying to figure out which will be the least crowded day to go.

Crowded, especially the first day. My suggestion is to go to the most popular booths as close to 11am as you can.

Pretty busy since that is when most vloggers go, they will all be there. But if you plan the day right it should be fine. Like go to the food booths as early as possible.

I’m excited for the festival. It’s my favorite one. I just wish there were better entertainers during my visit. I’ve never even heard of the ones performing.
It appears there are multiple bands named Southbound, I'm assuming it will be the FL one instead of the Long Island, Illinois, or California bands of the same name! :rolleyes:

Me too! A new summer festival would be fun :)
I might be in the minority but I'd like to go during a time when there is no festival. I do realize there are a very few days in between the current festivals to do that. Maybe it would be less crowded (a girl can hope!) and I really wouldn't miss the booths that much. Been there done that....not exciting anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter