Shorter line in the AM - TSMM or RSR?

sashasmommy

Earning My Ears
We are going on a day that CA opens at 10 with no early entry. Touring Plans has me rope dropping RSR and getting a Fast Pass for TSMM. Just wondering if this is sound advice. Should I be rope dropping TSMM and getting a FP for RSR? We will have MaxPass, so no need to go to the kiosk. I am planning on getting a FP for something the moment I enter the park. TSMM and RSR are the only FP rides I plan on doing this day, hoping to leave CA at 2 pm. Thanks!

Last edited:
I would pull a Fast Pass for RSR and rope drop TSMM. We lined up at Ariel's for rope drop with the intention of hitting up TSMM and that rope drop area was empty. It was actually really nice. Everyone else was crowded at the rope drops for Guardians or RSR. I had already pulled a RSR fast pass with a window beginning 30 minutes after park opening.

I will caution though, to have a Plan B. EVERY single morning the ride we intended to walk on at rope drop was closed, including TSMM. So here is what we did when that happened at DCA: we already had the FP for RSR, so we just headed over to Cars Land and walked on Mater's and Luigi's. Lightning McQueen was out with only one family in front of us, so we stopped to get pics. Then it was time for our RSR FP. Before we walked in the line, I pulled a TSMM fast pass with an instant return time. TSMM wasn't up when we got off RSR so that became a "multiple experience" fast pass and I was able to pull an instant return for Soarin'. After we scanned into to Soarin', I pulled another TSMM fast pass with a window beginning only 10 minutes out and the ride was now running. And we still had that "multiple experience" fast pass to use!

I'm guessing the reason they have you rope drop RSR is due to return times. RSR FPs will have a longer return times, so getting TSMM FPs would possibly free up a sooner window for your next FP even though RSR may be a longer standby wait. Also it takes longer to go through the FP line at RSR than TSMM.

I head straight to TSMM and walk on. Pull an RSR fast pass as your walking over.

Actually, I followed Disneyland Daily's plans my last two trips. Rope drop Soarin, then head to Parafise Pier and ride TSMM and any other rides in that area. Then pull RSR FP and ride Cars rides while waiting. Pull GOTG as soon as you are able after pulling RSR FP.

Oh yeah, I forgot about her touring plans. Seems like when I first saw them, it looked like a lot of walking back and forth to different areas to grab Fast Passes but now with MaxPass, maybe that wouldn't be needed. I'll have to look at it again. Luckily, we're not worried about GOTG and a lot of the other Fast Pass rides. We're going during Black Hole Week, so I'm kind of hoping that people who had the opportunity to change their plans have decided to go another week and the crowds will be lower.

Oh yeah, I forgot about her touring plans. Seems like when I first saw them, it looked like a lot of walking back and forth to different areas to grab Fast Passes but now with MaxPass, maybe that wouldn't be needed. I'll have to look at it again. Luckily, we're not worried about GOTG and a lot of the other Fast Pass rides. We're going during Black Hole Week, so I'm kind of hoping that people who had the opportunity to change their plans have decided to go another week and the crowds will be lower.

Yeah lots of back and forth with Disneyland Daily plan.

No need to rope drop Soarin.
Like others said, go to rope drop near Mermaid. Grab FP for World of Color while you're there. Use MP to get FP for Racers when in line for TSMM first, then Screamin, then Funwheel, Jellyfish, Goofy, Swings, Zephyr. Save Mermaid for later.

Get FP for Soarin while in line for Mater's, Luigi's, get FP for Guardians while in line for Racers, ride Monsters Inc, grab FP for Grizzly while in line for Soarin, ride Mermaid, ride Grizzly.

ME

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter