Short Trip with Boma?

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
Doing early planning for a short Disney trip post cruise next labor day weekend. We get off our cruise and would have Friday half day, Saturday, Sunday, and then fly home Monday (with school starting Tuesday).

It's obviously early, and I need to confirm when MNSSHP will fall but from this year's schedule, I think it is typically Sundays? If so, am thinking
  • Friday Sept 4 (half day) - Epcot (most likely) or Animal Kingdom (possibly)
  • Saturday Sept 5- Magic Kingdom
  • Sunday Sept 6 - Hollywood Studios
DH really wants to do Boma breakfast as he loved this meal last time. Ideally, Monday morning would be the best time but we would try and fly home as early as we can (barring flight times and cost). From above schedule, is there a day that would make the most sense? (We are staying at Pop so have access to Skyliner to Epcot and HS if that makes a difference). I hate to lose precious park time, especially when it's such a short trip and we will lost time during the day with typical Florida rain...but seeing if we can make it work.

This is just a tip for return home. We have done a few trips were we get home the night before school starts. I had the kids pick their first day of school outfit, right down to the shoes and socks, and have them stay at home, ready to go the next morning (as well as mine since I was a sped aide at school, too). Also have the lunch money all sorted out and on the counter before you go as well as those backpacks full with whatever stuff they are supposed to bring.

Learned the hard way from the first trip, as we were all flustered that first morning, and it was not the best start for the school year - kinda wiped out that wonderful "just went to Disney" feeling - hahaha

This is just a tip for return home. We have done a few trips were we get home the night before school starts. I had the kids pick their first day of school outfit, right down to the shoes and socks, and have them stay at home, ready to go the next morning (as well as mine since I was a sped aide at school, too). Also have the lunch money all sorted out and on the counter before you go as well as those backpacks full with whatever stuff they are supposed to bring.

Learned the hard way from the first trip, as we were all flustered that first morning, and it was not the best start for the school year - kinda wiped out that wonderful "just went to Disney" feeling - hahaha
Thanks. Appreciate the advice and preparing ahead!
Yeah...our cruise is our main trip before school starts, but since out of Port Canveral, thought we'd squeeze in a couple Disney Days...and right to the end.
Will definitely make sure everything is organized before we go, and great tip for even first day outfits, backpacks, etc.

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Always good to squeeze in Disney.

And for your original question, unfortunately AKL is far from MK, but if you are not going to MK bright and early (long day if you are planning on the Halloween party at night too) it might be nice to start your day there.

Me personally, I'd plan on Monday morning, so you aren't rushing off to a park. That pressed pot of coffee deserves some lingering!!!

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Always good to squeeze in Disney.

And for your original question, unfortunately AKL is far from MK, but if you are not going to MK bright and early (long day if you are planning on the Halloween party at night too) it might be nice to start your day there.

Me personally, I'd plan on Monday morning, so you aren't rushing off to a park. That pressed pot of coffee deserves some lingering!!!
That's what I feared...and would probably eat away at park time
Monday before our flight would be perfect. Will need to see on our flight time hone if we can make it work.

Thanks. So if dinner, when would you fit it in? I assume you can re-enter the same park with regular tickets?
You can re-enter the same park with a reg. ticket So I would do Boma for dinner on the day you visit AK since it is close to that park.

You can re-enter the same park with a reg. ticket So I would do Boma for dinner on the day you visit AK since it is close to that park.
Most likely will be going to Epcot on our first day (which will be more like a half day), but have put AK as an option instead as never been to that park and with Pandora and other stuff, considering it as well. (Will go over the rides at each with our kids and let them pick). But if we pick AK, then I see what you mean and logistically makes sense. Only downside is that we probably won't get to the park on our first day until later morning or so. (Unless we make Hollywood Studios our half day???)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter