• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Short sleeves or long sleeves?

zomama

Mouseketeer
I’m having a very tough time deciding between the two. I’m making all our shirts for the whole week specific to each park, so I can’t pack both and decide each day :(
We are going next week- highs in the low 70’s predicted. should I do lightweight long sleeves and we can just push our sleeves up of it gets too hot? Or short sleeves and bring some long sleeve layering tees for underneath? Will definitely be packing fleece jackets for mornings and evenings but hate wearing jackets all day!

I would find a way to pack both. Maybe make a mix, and then pack some extra things in case the weather doesn't cooperate and doesn't work for what you made? The year we went where the highs a week in December were predicted the night before our trip to be in the low 70s all week, they were right the first day, and then after that it turned out to be in the 80s the rest of our trip. We took all light long sleeve shirts thinking mornings and evenings would be cool and we all wound up buying t-shirts to wear because we were burning up. We didn't wear any of our cute Christmas stuff we brought that year. We have also been in December where one day the high was 75 and the next the high was 50. It changes fast this time of year and you never know what you are going to get, even if you watch the weather the night before. If the high is really in the low 70s every day, then lightweight longs sleeves would be good, but with several first half of December trips, I learned not to trust the forecast.

I live an hour away. We wear pants and jackets most mornings but by 10 am we usually take jackets off and by the afternoon we’re in shorts and t shirts. You’ll probably want a variety of layers

I live an hour away. We wear pants and jackets most mornings but by 10 am we usually take jackets off and by the afternoon we’re in shorts and t shirts. You’ll probably want a variety of layers
How about late January? My son tested positive for covid on thirsday so we had to reschedule our trip to the last week of January!

How about late January? My son tested positive for covid on thirsday so we had to reschedule our trip to the last week of January!
January can go either way. I wouldn’t plan your outfits until about a week ahead of your trip. It can be really cold (like jackets and gloves) because of humidity or warm enough for short sleeves

I recommend short sleeves and bring long sleeve shirts for layering. That what I did for our custom shirts for the trip we just returned from. Worked out great, when it got warmer we just went to the bathroom to remove the long sleeve shirts and put them in our backpacks.

Both. Layers. We were just there from 11/16-11/26. 70s during the day and 50s/60s at night. Didn't show any rain in the forecast but it rained several nights so it was cold and wet. We brought light jackets and rain jackets with us. Short sleeves worked well during the day and long sleeves or light jackets at night. We are from southeast Texas and use to heat and the weather is not much different there.

Base layer shirts work great for layering with tee shirts and are much less bulky when stuffing in your backpack midday.

We are going next week and it was about the same temps last year. It was too hot for a thick hoodie/jacket imo. I wore a spirit jersey most days and got a little hot during the middle of the day if in the sun but not super uncomfortable. My kids wore shorts/short sleeves no problem. I'm planning on having my kids wear a hoodie on the plane and then i'm packing them mostly short sleeves and one long sleeve top/spirit jersey each.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter