short review of the Wish 9/19

emmabelle

Crazy cat lady who loves Disney
Just back from our whirlwind trip to Disney, Universal and the Wish.

I'm glad we did the Wish cruise, the ship is beautiful and the layout didn't bother me. Although we almost got stuck in the Hero Zone when we went in there after getting coffee in Cove Cafe. It seemed like every door out of there said Castmember's Only. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Our verandah cabin was nice, but definitely not enough draw space. It was just two of us so I just laid my clothes out on the couch. Not sure where you would put all your clothes if you were a family of four? Also weird thing in the bathroom with the shower, there was no hand soap or hand towel ring? I guess you're only supposed to wash your hands in the toilet part of the bathroom.

I liked the dining rooms, but the food was just okay, not bad, but not amazing either. The last night in Arendelle I got the meatballs for the full Norway experience. That meal was bad, pasta was cold and all stuck together and the meatballs were dry as anything. I didn't say anything though because I felt our waiter would've had a panic attack about it. He was so overtop about the comments EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. At the end of the cruise I joked with him, so there'll be a survey at the end?

The captain did an awesome job keeping us in the best weather, on the sea day he was actually sailing the wrong way so we wouldn't get rained on. That's some commitment right there!

I loved the three stage shows, with the Aladdin one being my favorite.

I managed to get pictures with most of the characters and the CM's were great about taking pictures with your own phones.

We checked out most of the bars. It seemed like Nightengales was closed for tastings every time we tried to go there though. My favorite was Hyperspace Lounge, although it would be better if it were bigger. I don't think the ship really has a need for all the fancy merch shops, there was hardly anyone in them.

All in all we had a great time. We bought placeholders hoping to do the Fantasy next year.

Nice review sorry to hear about the nightly survey reminders.

We've had wait staff that have done that on past cruises and you can almost feel the pitch coming nightly to the point where it impacts the dinner. Hopefully you checked the "were you pressured" box on the survey as yes. We've started doing that when the staff does the reminder thing more than once. I read somewhere where folks are up front when the pitch is done night one that they don't want to hear it again, but we're not that confrontational.

I do think Disney and other lines like the status quo on this so they can brag externally to say majority of guest rate us high every cruise realizing that they're holding passengers hostage to not wanting the wait staff to suffer financially.

it was definitely the most someone has done that in all the cruises we have ever done. I think on the next one we'll say something the first night so they don't feel the need to be so desperate. :rotfl: :thumbsup2

We just disembarked the Wish today. Overall, I thought it was a beautiful ship. The layout didn’t bother me, but there were some definite missteps. No queue for much of anything. The line for guest services stretched around the deck 4 railing. Festival of Foods was good but the space was stifling hot. No air flow at all and the fans were ineffective, but loud! The ship in general seemed loud. Even my 11 year old commented on this, but deck 14 provided some much appreciated quiet space. The adult area on deck is the mess everyone else says it is. MDRs were not good. 1923 was ok. Our servers were…fine, I guess. We went to Marcelline Market for breakfast only. It was nothing to write home about, but the coffee bar was good. The team working at Enchanted Sword Cafe was great - two of my favorite CMs for sure. Room was pretty but tight. Worked fine for the 2 of us. Aladdin was good. Seas the Adventure was a random mishmash. We skipped Little Mermaid to ride the AquaMouse over and over. It was fun - DS loved it! As we were getting off DS asked if we could do a b2b and get back on. I reminded him about the MDRs and he quickly changed his mind and said, “hopefully, the Treasure will be better.” He was glad the ship wasn’t as princessy as he’d feared, but would like MDRs that are just dinner 🙂. It was a nice getaway, but definitely missing some of the DCL magic. I’m not sure I’d be inclined to sail again at DCL prices if this was my first DCL experience.

Last edited:

We were on the same sailing, and I agree we lucked out with pretty much perfect weather! I agree with most of what you said about the ship. The CMs did an amazing job managing the lines for the characters, and keeping them moving. Some of them were VERY long (I'm looking at you Chewie and Spiderman) but they moved surprisingly fast, much faster than I've seen in the parks.

We put our clothes on the shelves in the closet but I agree drawers would be nicer. DW got the meatballs in Arendelle and they were very good, disappointing that yours came out dry ☹️ Our table happened to be right next to the stage, which was amazing. It surprised me a bit they would put us there as 2 adults, vs using that table for a family with kids, but I'll take it!

We noticed the same thing about the hand soap. We asked our stateroom hostess to bring another and put it in the other bathroom, she was happy to do so. Also disappointing you had to listen to over the top comment badgering. We just got a low key "If you thought your service was excellent, please indicate that on the comment card, it really helps us out." on the last night. It's crazy how much that varies between different sets of servers. Very inconsistent.

Also agree 100% about the fancy merch shops. Ridiculous.

Glad you had a great time, we did too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter