Short day at MK due to 430 close in late January?

uandmfan

Mouseketeer
Hi all

I've seen posters say that short days at MK are great as people tend to avoid the park that day.

We will be at Disney at the end of January and the park is scheduled to close at 430.

I'm sort of tempted to go that day and hope we can get a lot done. BUT we only have 2 MK days, we won't be back in the foreseeable future and we really want to see the fireworks. We also aren't on site.

Anyone have advice/experience to share? Does this mean the other parks are likely to be crazy busy?

TIA

Hi all

I've seen posters say that short days at MK are great as people tend to avoid the park that day.

We will be at Disney at the end of January and the park is scheduled to close at 430.

I'm sort of tempted to go that day and hope we can get a lot done. BUT we only have 2 MK days, we won't be back in the foreseeable future and we really want to see the fireworks. We also aren't on site.

Anyone have advice/experience to share? Does this mean the other parks are likely to be crazy busy?

TIA
is this date before or after your other MK day planned? if before and fireworks are very important to you I would change days around just in case something would go wrong and cancel fireworks on your other night based on what you stated. but yes lines are usually shorter on short days and other parks that are open later can get busier after MK closes as people hope to another park

Hi all

TIA
What day at the end of January?

I went last year. It was one of my top three favorite days in any theme park, and that includes being a DL pass holder and having been to Tokyo and Paris. I believe it was the lowest crowd day at MK the last two years. Space had a 15 minute wait at 2pm on a sunny 80 degree day. It was truly magical. Not only are wait times almost nonexistent, navigating the park and getting in and out with such ease was almost surreal.

Of course the downside is no fireworks or night activities, but if you can make it work I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
These days cause so many to go to other parks that you can get a lot done in a shorter amount of time! If there is another day watch the fireworks I’d recommend MK this day for sure!

We haven’t been to a park that closes at 4:30 but this summer we did rope drop until our ADR at 4:00 then left after supper even though the park was still open. We had accomplished all we wanted and more and were ready to go.

Last edited:
It's true that MK has very low attendance on days when the park closes early. You can do lots of rides with very short wait times. I love going to MK when it is empty like this. Since you are planning two MK days then I would definitely make one of them this day. You can do all your nighttime activities on your second MK day. :)

Last edited:
You guys have convinced us, we are going to go for it and hope the park opens at 8! I guess we will skip Genie + too and will just try to hit the things without much of a wait. Everything else can be done on our next MK day (we may try Mine Train too as it should have a shorter than normal wait).
Thank you all!

You guys have convinced us, we are going to go for it and hope the park opens at 8! I guess we will skip Genie + too and will just try to hit the things without much of a wait. Everything else can be done on our next MK day (we may try Mine Train too as it should have a shorter than normal wait).
Thank you all!
Haven't made my mind up yet. Considering it very much.

One thing to keep in mind is that cast party nights are one of the very few times that rides will close early. They do want to start the party on time, and you may get turned away from some attractions starting at 4 pm or so unless you have a G+ in hand.

Park hours are generally published approx 71 days in advance. As of today (Nov 26) hours are published until Feb 4, 2024.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter