Shopping tips

DisneyWife2015

scmom08
This will be our third year at WDW and I'm hoping to do more shopping. I like items unique to WDW and wondered what souvenirs y'all suggest. Last year we did the typical frame, ornament, and puzzle. I'm hoping to start a Pandora charm bracelet (any suggestions on the best stores?). I'm also specifically looking for porcelain figurines. My mom has quite a few originals that she bought in the 80's and I'd love to add some newer items to her collection. Any suggestions/tips on which stores in which parks are the best would be appreciated! TIA!

Are you staying onsite? Resort specific items are much more sparse than they used to be, but you could get a resort specific pin, some resorts have mugs and the like. I love those to remember where I've stayed. :-)

A few years back my friend bought small glass slipper figurines and had her little sisters' names engraved on them. There were options other than the slippers as well, small figurines, castles, etc. I believe that was the Crystal Arts shop on Main Street in MK. They were absolutely beautiful and I plan to go back and do something similar.

You can always get silhouettes drawn in MK, and I believe at the Haunted Mansion gift shop they now have some kind of Ghostly Portrait you can get done.

I'm a fan of porcelain figurines, I saw beautiful ones at the World of Disney store in DTD/DS (it was smack dab in the middle of the renovation so I don't know what it was called at that point). I know they definitely still have great locations at DS to get original figurines, my friend bought me a beautiful Mickey and Minnie figurine with Walt Disney World engraved on the base. Unfortunately I have not been back since the completion of DS so any specific advice I give you would probably be outdated.

Have a great trip!

I like to get things that I can use all the time that will remind me of our trips but don't scream WDW to the rest of the world. I must admit . . . I am a jewelry girl, so that tends to be the souvenir of choice for me. One of my favorite things is a matching ring and necklace my DH got for me one year for my Pick a Pearls. He had them put in really nice diamond settings that I found at the Pick a Pearl place at Disney Springs, but they have a variety of settings to pick from and a lot of them are not very expensive (my son once did Pick a Pearl and had them put it in a simple silver cage pendant for me - so sweet!!

I have a lot of Pandora, both the bracelets and other items, so that is also a favorite souvenir spot for me.

I am also a purse hoarder so I love all the different Dooney purses and they are a cute way to add a bit of Disney to my wardrobe.

And don't get me started on the artwork in the Art of Disney shops!

A fun and inexpensive thing I have brought home is WDW coffee. It's a nice way to start your day off with a memory of your trip.

There are a ton of fun stores at Disney Springs that sell all kind of stuff. I am more likely to find something I like there than say, a WDW sweatshirt. I can typically get more daily use out of it at home.

There's a Disney Store Pandora promo that's going on through tomorrow:
10% Off Pandora

You can buy a bracelet and regular Disney charms and then purchase the park exclusives during your trip. Pandora isn't discounted in the parks; the Disney Springs stand-alone Pandora shop does run promos so watch the thread linked above.

I like shopping for Pandora at Uptown Jewelers in MK and at the resort shops. The resort shops don't carry a very wide selection but I like chatting with the CMs and they aren't as rushed.

The other Disney-specific things I collect are the shopping tote bags - very inexpensive $2-$5, and I use them daily. In California, disposable plastic bags are no longer provided at grocery stores so I use an eclectic mix of Disney and vacation shopping bags.

Are you staying onsite? Resort specific items are much more sparse than they used to be, but you could get a resort specific pin, some resorts have mugs and the like. I love those to remember where I've stayed. :-)

A few years back my friend bought small glass slipper figurines and had her little sisters' names engraved on them. There were options other than the slippers as well, small figurines, castles, etc. I believe that was the Crystal Arts shop on Main Street in MK. They were absolutely beautiful and I plan to go back and do something similar.

You can always get silhouettes drawn in MK, and I believe at the Haunted Mansion gift shop they now have some kind of Ghostly Portrait you can get done.

I'm a fan of porcelain figurines, I saw beautiful ones at the World of Disney store in DTD/DS (it was smack dab in the middle of the renovation so I don't know what it was called at that point). I know they definitely still have great locations at DS to get original figurines, my friend bought me a beautiful Mickey and Minnie figurine with Walt Disney World engraved on the base. Unfortunately I have not been back since the completion of DS so any specific advice I give you would probably be outdated.

Have a great trip!

Yes! We are staying on site and we're excited to be at a moderate for the first time (we've always stayed in value) so I like the idea of getting something from the resort. I've heard others talk about Crystal Arts so I'll definitely check that out.

I like to get things that I can use all the time that will remind me of our trips but don't scream WDW to the rest of the world. I must admit . . . I am a jewelry girl, so that tends to be the souvenir of choice for me. One of my favorite things is a matching ring and necklace my DH got for me one year for my Pick a Pearls. He had them put in really nice diamond settings that I found at the Pick a Pearl place at Disney Springs, but they have a variety of settings to pick from and a lot of them are not very expensive (my son once did Pick a Pearl and had them put it in a simple silver cage pendant for me - so sweet!!

I have a lot of Pandora, both the bracelets and other items, so that is also a favorite souvenir spot for me.

I am also a purse hoarder so I love all the different Dooney purses and they are a cute way to add a bit of Disney to my wardrobe.

And don't get me started on the artwork in the Art of Disney shops!

A fun and inexpensive thing I have brought home is WDW coffee. It's a nice way to start your day off with a memory of your trip.

There are a ton of fun stores at Disney Springs that sell all kind of stuff. I am more likely to find something I like there than say, a WDW sweatshirt. I can typically get more daily use out of it at home.

My DH bought me a wallet from DS on our first trip with classic Mickey and Minnie and I LOVE it! I've received so many compliments on it. It may be time to add to that collection. Do you have a favorite shop for the purses/wallets/etc? Or a favorite shop for the Pandora stuff? My DH bought me the bracelet for Christmas. Now I just need to add the charms. :-D I heard there's a Pick a Pearl at EPCOT as well. It's on my must-do list this year.

There's a Disney Store Pandora promo that's going on through tomorrow:
10% Off Pandora

You can buy a bracelet and regular Disney charms and then purchase the park exclusives during your trip. Pandora isn't discounted in the parks; the Disney Springs stand-alone Pandora shop does run promos so watch the thread linked above.

I like shopping for Pandora at Uptown Jewelers in MK and at the resort shops. The resort shops don't carry a very wide selection but I like chatting with the CMs and they aren't as rushed.

The other Disney-specific things I collect are the shopping tote bags - very inexpensive $2-$5, and I use them daily. In California, disposable plastic bags are no longer provided at grocery stores so I use an eclectic mix of Disney and vacation shopping bags.

Thanks for the info! That's super helpful. Do you find that the resort shops have exclusive charms? We have a Pandora store in our local mall, but I want to find ones exclusive to WDW. I'll definitely check out Uptown Jewelers. I honestly have never taken the time to shop all the store in the parks so I'm excited to focus on that a little more this year.

I love the shopping tote bags idea too. We shop Aldi's all the time and they do not provide bags. My DDs would love having Disney themed bags. Where do you find those?

Thanks for the info! That's super helpful. Do you find that the resort shops have exclusive charms? We have a Pandora store in our local mall, but I want to find ones exclusive to WDW. I'll definitely check out Uptown Jewelers. I honestly have never taken the time to shop all the store in the parks so I'm excited to focus on that a little more this year.

I love the shopping tote bags idea too. We shop Aldi's all the time and they do not provide bags. My DDs would love having Disney themed bags. Where do you find those?
The resort shops do carry the exclusives but they are more limited than Uptown and World of Disney. I shopped for the Mic/Min safety chain on our last trip and couldn't find it in the resort shops but it was available at Uptown. Pandora is also available at the Co-Op in Disney Springs.

The shopping bags can be found in most of the shops - usually near the registers.

If you have a Disney Chase Visa card, you can receive 10% off if your total purchase is greater than $50 at World of Disney. I'm not sure what other shops are included in the Visa perk.

@DisneyWife2015 I like the Cherry Tree Lane shop for the Dooney and Bourke items but you can find them at various gift shops in the parks as well. I like the Pandora store inside one of the big gift shops on Main Street at MK (I can't remember which one it is - sorry!) but you can also find those at other places as well - they just have the biggest selection.

The Pick a Pearl at Epcot is definitely the most fun! That's where my son got me the caged pearl. The reason we used the Pick a Pearl at Disney Springs was that I specifically wanted a grey pearl ring and necklace and they had loose pearls so I could match them. I think they also had a much bigger selection of settings with diamonds but that was several years ago so the one in Epcot might have more now.

I'm really not a jewellery type of person but one of the things high on my list is the Starbucks 'you are here' mugs from each park. I do have a pandora bracelet but I really like the Alex and Ani bracelets that are specific to the parks as well.

I really like shopping for Pandora at the new Pandora store in Disney Springs. While you can get the charms at various places around the parks and resorts, the service there is very good. I feel like a special customer when I walk out of there vs. being just another shopper at one of the busy Disney stores. Just my experiences with it, since Pandora is popular and the counters are usually busy.

I'm a shopper, too. Although with the Disney stuff getting more generic I find that I'm buying less and less with each trip. I know this will go against the grain of just about everyone that goes to any of the Disney parks, but I like to go to the gift stores first instead of rushing off to the rides. Early in the morning the stores are empty and there's plenty of staff available if you need help.

Same with Disney Springs. I plan a weekday trip first thing in the morning and do all of my shopping without any crowds.

Also remember if you have a Disney Visa you get 10% off (I don't think they increased it to 20%). But I'm sure that someone else on the boards will know for sure. There are also discounts for annual passholders. Have fun!

IMO Uptown Jewlers in the MK is th best store for Pandora charms etc. They have recently received a renovation and re-opened late October. That location now carries the entire pandora line as well as the Park exclusives. We spent A LOT of time there the day they re-opened. :o

As far as unique souvenirs, the best things I ever picked up were the MK trash can S&P shakers. They are sooo Disney yet so subtle. Only "those in the know" are aware of what they are.

IMG_3421.JPG

They have added a few more since the cans were initially released.

And as far as porcelain figures, any of the Art shops will have a selection. But consider yourself warned. Those stores end up with a lot of my money.

Happy Shopping!

My wife is very similar. She wanted Disney things that she uses a lot but aren't over the top screaming WDW. We bought a set of wooden coasters with a simple Mickey stamp on them. We use them daily (my coffee is sitting on one as I type this), but they don't "scream" WDW. She also has a necklace she bought in the World of Disney. It has a K on it for her initial, but there's a small Disney thing on it...I'm embarrassed to say I forget what it is...Mickey ears maybe? We bought her an apron in the World of Disney too. It's covered in Disney print, but it's not "loud" and she uses it every day.

Being a guy, I'm not a big shopping person, but I do admit I like the crystal figurines (haven't bought any).

I'm a shopper, too. Although with the Disney stuff getting more generic I find that I'm buying less and less with each trip. I know this will go against the grain of just about everyone that goes to any of the Disney parks, but I like to go to the gift stores first instead of rushing off to the rides. Early in the morning the stores are empty and there's plenty of staff available if you need help.

Same with Disney Springs. I plan a weekday trip first thing in the morning and do all of my shopping without any crowds.

Also remember if you have a Disney Visa you get 10% off (I don't think they increased it to 20%). But I'm sure that someone else on the boards will know for sure. There are also discounts for annual passholders. Have fun!

This is what I do, since the rest of the family heads to the big rides during EMH mornings, and I don't ride! Wonderful to go through the shops without the crowds! And Disney always has so much product, that when I see something I like, it is always there when I go back for it on the way out of the park (I don't like doing the delivery to the room thing).

This trip I picked up a few coffee mugs as both our kids have moved into their own apartments, and took a bunch of mugs with them. I picked up the Orange Bird mug, which reminds me of Sunday night Wonderful World of Disney TV, and a Starbucks "You are Here" MK mug. I like that I get to use them every day!

When our kids were younger, and the summer included lots of swimming, we always bought beach towels from the parks. Usually from MouseGears, and we would mail that big purchase home.

Does anyone know if this is still the purchase with purchase offer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter