Shopping mall in Kapolei that's worth a visit

lilsonicfan

DIS Veteran
When we were at Aulani in March, I noticed a shuttle bus doing a pickup at the Four Seasons. The name on the bus was Ka Makana Ali'i shopping centre and I got curious so I looked it up. It's a mall in Kapolei, basically where the Foodland is. We had some time to kill so we drove over there and I thought it was well worth a visit especially if you're going to Kapolei for groceries, etc. anyway. Apparently the shuttle is free for Ko Olina guests though I didn't try booking it and am not sure if the info in the link is up to date.

It had some great shops including some that seemed to have local souvenirs, items and clothing different than what you'd find at a swap meet and maybe better priced than at Coconene which is in Ko Olina. Also some yummy food options, we tried out the Poi Mochi at Uncle Lanis. Here's the list of stores.

Huh, never knew there's a free shuttle to/from Ko Olina. We seem to go there on every trip to Aulani for various reasons, but we usually have a car and can easily drive there. That mall has been slowly growing into a fairly popular destination over the years. Years ago we used to go there for Jollibee (no judging, please :-) ) and found the mall pretty empty of people. Recently we've gone to the Foodland, Koa Pancake House, and Moani and found the mall pretty full of new shops and lot's of people milling about.

We appreciated this shopping area too - it’s quite corporate and didn’t feel much different to us than retail parks here in the UK. I’d highly recommend the restaurant Mahi’ai Table located in Foodland. We liked it so much we went there twice on our trip. The food is fresh and locally sourced, and the prices are on par with quick service in Ko Olina - very good value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter