Shop the Block 2023-Earn up to 1,000 Airmiles!!!

Donald - my hero

<font color=blue>Aww yes. The dreaded "mouse hand"
shopthe block.jpg

A Mini Shop the Block without so many hoops to jump thru has arrived! Earn up to 1,000 miles between December 7th - 18th
Use this thread as a way to track what you have done on your card to complete the offer, it will make it easier to follow up later by simply searching your name.

*****Same as other big offers, please take time to understand the full terms of each and every offer you complete. There is NO need to rush thru this promo, you have 11 days, I would wait at least until tomorrow to let the kinks get ironed out
BE SURE TO OPT IN BEFORE SHOPPING****

Some tips to help when it comes time to track down wayward miles (because let's be honest, there will be several of us who run into Road blocks!)

• Keep every receipt connected to the promo
  • Take screen shots of any & all FAQs and fine print connected to any of the offers you use (or save a link to this thread!)
  • Keep copies of any e-mails from Airmiles & partner stores about the promo.
  • ***KEEP ALL INFO connected to your online shopping!!!*** This one will cause problems, be prepared!
  • If at all possible, wait a day or so before tackling to promo to let the kinks get ironed out, these rarely start smoothly
  • Read the terms very carefully before you head out shopping and if you are unsure of any of the terms of an offer, please put a question out because more than likely, at least 2 other people will either be wondering the same thing or even figured it out themselves!
  • There's no need to rush through and complete the promo within a week (or day even!)
  • PLEASE remember this important tid-bid -- do the math yourself, take a close look at your household budget and be smart about how you attempt this promo. If you're not careful you will find yourself looking at shocking credit card statements and sad bank accounts.
When it comes time to do the actual shopping leave all offspring & significant others who don't understand the seriousness of this hunt at home and have fun! If that's not possible you could always go with this plan!
1701970512186.png

Last edited:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Offer valid from 00:00:01 a.m. ET on December 7, 2023, to 23:59:59 p.m. ET on December 18, 2023 (“Offer Period”). To qualify, eligible collectors must click “opt in” using the button above prior to using their AIR MILES® card (or eligible Canadian issued Mastercard in the case of card-linked offers) at the time of eligible purchases. Collector will only need to opt in once during the offer period.
You will find the offer on the website, click on the OPT IN button

Collectors must earn at least one AIR MILES® Reward Mile or Bonus Mile at
  1. 2 different AIR MILES® partners, in-store or through airmilesshops.ca, AIR MILES® Receipts, airmilescardlink.ca or travel.airmiles.ca to qualify for 100 Bonus Miles
  2. 3 different AIR MILES® partners, in-store or through airmilesshops.ca, AIR MILES® Receipts, airmilescardlink.ca or travel.airmiles.ca to qualify for 200 Bonus Miles
  3. 4 different AIR MILES® partners, in-store or through airmilesshops.ca, AIR MILES® Receipts, airmilescardlink.ca or travel.airmiles.ca to qualify for 1000 Bonus Miles.

The 100 Bonus Miles, 200 Bonus Miles and 1000 Bonus Miles offers are not cumulative; only the highest of the three tiers for which a collector qualifies during the offer period will be awarded. Offer can only be used once per collector number during the offer period. Once a collector gets 1000 Bonus Miles from earning at least one Reward Mile at 4 different AIR MILES® partners during the offer period, that collector is no longer eligible to receive additional Bonus Miles under this offer.

For the purposes of this offer,
all purchases made at individual brands through airmilesshops.ca and airmilescardlink.ca during the offer period qualify as 1 partner per brand. For example, if a collector earns at least 1 Mile at each of 3 individual brands purchased through airmilesshops.ca or airmilescardlink.ca, the collector will be deemed to have earned at 3 partners for the purpose of this offer.

This offer excludes any Miles earned in connection with purchases on any BMO AIR MILES® credit cards, IHG® Hotels and Resorts, and online travel stores through airmilesshops.ca (including but not limited to travel bookings, car rentals and hotel stays).
***The BMO credit card miles they are referring to are the ones you earn on your statement for using your MasterCard.***

To get Miles at AIR MILES® in-store partners, see airmiles.ca for a list of eligible partners and each partner’s unique base offer purchase requirements and terms and conditions. AIR MILES card must be presented at the time of purchase.
***I read this to mean that you need to earn a BASE mile from in-store partners NOT any of the bonus offers you might see listed in flyers, on your Metro app, the Shell in-store offers***

To get Bonus Miles through AIR MILES® Receipts, at least (1) AIR MILES Receipt eligible product offer(s) available during this Offer Period must be matched on the eligible scanned receipt to qualify. Must be an AIR MILES collector at the time of eligible qualifying product purchase(s). Minimum eligible qualifying product purchase must be completed in-store in a single transaction and eligible scanned receipt must be uploaded, both during this Offer Period. While supplies last. Product availability may vary by major grocer and by location and is out of the control of AIR MILES Receipts. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Online purchases are not eligible for this offer. Personal purchases only. To qualify, original receipt must be scanned during this Offer Period. No duplicates. Void where prohibited. See current AIR MILES Receipt offers in the AIR MILES app, and Terms & Conditions at airmiles.ca/receipts. Please note only one successful receipt will count as (1) partner. For example, if you submit two (2) different receipts, each with a qualifying offer during this Offer Period, only one (1) will count toward this promotion.

To get Miles through airmilesshops.ca, collectors must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing to get Reward Miles and qualify for this offer. All online stores are subject to each partner’s unique base offer purchase requirements and terms and conditions, are subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice at any time. Click “Store Info” on a partner’s online store logo on airmilesshops.ca for more details.

To get Miles through airmilescardlink.ca, collectors must link their eligible Canadian Mastercard to their AIR MILES® collector number and make eligible purchases using the linked Canadian Mastercard at participating brands during the promotion period and meet the criteria required for the bonus offers. For details on how to link an eligible Canadian Mastercard and for each unique offer’s terms and conditions, please visit airmilescardlink.ca.

To get Miles through travel.airmiles.ca, see travel.airmiles.ca for terms and conditions.
Only Cash bookings qualify.

Offer cannot be redeemed multiple times. Limit of one offer per collector number. All eligible Miles must be earned before 23:59:59 p.m. ET on December 18, 2023.
***Miles might post later but you need to complete the transaction before midnight, careful with online shopping!***

This offer can be combined with other offers. Please allow up to 60 days after the offer end date for Miles earned in connection with this offer to be posted to your collector account.
***They have until February 16th, 2024 to post the big bonus***

AIR MILES reserves the right to change or retract an offer at any time without prior notice, or to retract an offer for deceptive booking behaviour, including but not limited to creating multiple collector numbers and booking with intention of cancelling. AIR MILES reserves the right to offer a Reward Miles earn rate at an equivalent or greater value to all collectors. By participating in this offer you agree to the AIR MILES Terms of Use.
****This is the first time I have seen this in print, please be careful if you are maintaining more than one account and most certainly do NOT create a new one to start taking advantage of these easy offers. DO NOT complain after the fact or during this promo if miles don't post properly to all of your accounts or you could risk needing to reimburse Airmiles and have all of your accounts closed (there are penalties buried deep within the terms of use that speak to this) They have made it clear that you are to only have one account per household and have removed the cost involved with merging accounts if you do have multiple numbers.****

Last edited:
Placeholder
donald duck confused.jpg

My musings on the terms of this promo that haven't been directly mentioned in the Terms I've added to post #2
  • In store purchases will only qualify on base miles as stated within the terms for each store, example, Shell 1 mile/$5 in the store. Bonus offers won't work so don't buy a banana, earn 3 miles from your offers at Metro (one of mine this week) and consider that one offer.
  • Miles earned from completing surveys do NOT count since they are not specifically mentioned within the list of how to complete this promo.

Last edited:

"Collectors must earn at least one AIR MILES® Reward MileTM or Bonus MileTM at" is this different than in the past. I'm speaking about the BonusMile part. That would mean I could purchase bananas for 3 Bonus miles at Metro and it would count as an offer?

Does earning 1 AM through Rewarding your Opinions count? I don't see anything to say that it doesn't.

So, if I am reading this correctly:
1. Dollarama with credit card link.
2. Receipt and Scan
3. Shell, I don't use gas really anymore with my PHEV so I can probably find something to buy in store.
4. airmilesshop.ca I'll have to see if there is anything I need that qualifies but maybe?

That should get me the 1000 AM bonus, right?

So, if I am reading this correctly:
1. Dollarama with credit card link.
2. Receipt and Scan
3. Shell, I don't use gas really anymore with my PHEV so I can probably find something to buy in store.
4. airmilesshop.ca I'll have to see if there is anything I need that qualifies but maybe?

That should get me the 1000 AM bonus, right?
Correct!
Shell is an easy one in our household - they sell M & M single serve meals and with the CAA discount the ones hubby loves come in just over the $5.00 mark to earn 1 mile.
Airmilesshop - i tend to use Staples with in store pick-up, that means I don't need to overspend to get to a free shipping amount.

Michaels is a good online shop as well. Spend $20 on small items and boom bonus miles. This time I actually want to shop at The Mint and buy the uncirculated Charles III coins. Now I just had a thought. The items don't ship until Feb 24, so would the purchase count now or in February. I am still going to buy them but now they may not be my online shop.

Oops and @Donald - my hero you always have our back on these deals. Keep up the good work.

Michaels is a good online shop as well. Spend $20 on small items and boom bonus miles. This time I actually want to shop at The Mint and buy the uncirculated Charles III coins. Now I just had a thought. The items don't ship until Feb 24, so would the purchase count now or in February. I am still going to buy them but now they may not be my online shop.
I keep forgetting about Michael's and now that I have a set of 11 year old twin granddaughters who LOVE crafting this will be a no-brainer!

I try to avoid using orders that don't ship until after the promo ends or any "pre-sales" or do an extra one. Why don't you wait until Boxing Day? Historically there have been big multiplier offers site-wide

"Collectors must earn at least one AIR MILES® Reward MileTM or Bonus MileTM at" is this different than in the past. I'm speaking about the BonusMile part. That would mean I could purchase bananas for 3 Bonus miles at Metro and it would count as an offer?

Does earning 1 AM through Rewarding your Opinions count? I don't see anything to say that it doesn't.
I'm working on researching the fine details because I want to know for myself. For the Surveys I'm leaning towards, no since the terms seems to be fairly straight forward but as you point out, that's not in the list of exclusions.

I've got 2 done, Metro and airmileshop at amazon, need cat food before we go away and it's listed this month.
Will probably go to Dollarama on Sunday and maybe buy something for a receipt offer. I do not need gas and don't really want to go to Shell but I will if I don't find a receipt off that works. Seems too easy....

I already messed up, lol. Did a sephora shop and clicked complete order without changing my credit card and so it went through on a BMO Mastercard which they seem to be excluding in the fine print.
But no worries it will be easy to get four.

BMO and Airmiles are trying their best to get the fun of the game back into collecting.

I'm going to do Dollarama, Airmiles Receipt, Metro $20 (because I need groceries), Shell in-store on my card. DS Airmiles Receipts, Metro $20, Shell in-store, Airmiles shops - Staples. DS Airmiles Receipts, Metro $20, Shell in-store, Global Pet Foods.

Nice little surprise to have this game pop into our collecting world.

What does this bit mean? Can't use a BMO card to shop through Airmileshops?

This offer excludes any Miles earned in connection with purchases on any BMO AIR MILES® credit cards and online travel stores through airmilesshops.ca (including but not limited to travel bookings, car rentals and hotel stays).

I already messed up, lol. Did a sephora shop and clicked complete order without changing my credit card and so it went through on a BMO Mastercard which they seem to be excluding in the fine print.
You can use your BMO M/C to pay for anything. You will earn the miles for the offer from Sephora. You just can't count the miles you will earn on your BMO mastercard towards a Partner count for this promotion. You haven't done anything incorrectly so far. Your CC earn has never counted towards these promotions as a partner count. I use my CC to pay for everything during these promotions.

You can use your BMO M/C to pay for anything. You will earn the miles for the offer from Sephora. You just can't count the miles you will earn on your BMO mastercard towards a Partner count for this promotion. You haven't done anything incorrectly so far. Your CC earn has never counted towards these promotions as a partner count. I use my CC to pay for everything during these promotions.
OHHHH
I get it now. Thanks Ottawamom

Sorry I haven't gotten around to all of the questions yet (slept in and still behind the day!) but I want to let you know that my understanding of the terms is that using your MasterCard is included. What the terms mean is that the miles you earn directly from BMO as a separate item in your transactions do not count towards the offer. Hope this makes sense to you, YES use your BMO card and get those extra miles. The ones that look like this when they post don't count.

1701968734002.png

HOWEVER, I am by not, by any stretch of the imagination, an expert on Airmiles, just an avid collector who likes to help others earn as many as they can :P

ETA - seems @ottawamom is on the ball and caught this for you!

Ok
this is where my brain got caught up
Trying to figure out if I did the card link offer at Dollarama and combined that with buying bagels for the Scan receipt offer,,, only one Brand ???? I think the shop or Offer has to be at different Brands.

I ended up doing Nutella and frozen blueberry fluffy waffles at Food Basic and skipping the Bagels.

P.S. Nutella was $1.00 off at Food Basic ,,nice!! $6.99

Last edited:
Son's Receipt & Scan already posted to his account
December 7, 2023

Am receipts boost offer
+20
December 7, 2023
Ferrero

Am receipts nutella
+10

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter