Shop the Block 2020 MILES ARE POSTING NOW

Edited to add,,never mind I found an unused Shell card that I will use.
I need to go back to sleep.......

So can I buy lottery tickets at Shell with a Shell Gift card bought at Sobeys?
I went to bed at 7 pm so I could get up at 1 am to look at the offers,,,,I need to get a life,,,Lol.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

HAHAHAHA this is a joke, right?
I think I can get 3 done but there is no way I can do 5
I do like the 5x multiplier at Sobeys, I got a lot of miles last time using that so I will be strategic with that offer and make sure to use it on a big order

Good morning everyone!!
i got up early and went to

1) Shell and bought $20.00 worth of scratch tickets to put into the Christmas stockings. (Opt in offer)
nothing on the receipt,,but none of their offers are posting on the receipts anymore.

2 ) Drove over to Metro and waited for them to open the doors,,,in and out in under 5 minutes,(only one other person in the store).
used printed out coupon because yeah I wasn't taking any chances but it does say you can scan with your phone.
I bought a gift basket for my son. (I used some cash airmiles to pay for gift basket).

3 ) I was going to get a coffee but instead drove to Sobeys and picked up my chicken and a couple of other things,then drove them over to my sons house, and dropped off his groceries. ( 330 Airmiles).
Remember to have them (Sobeys) scan the coupon on your phone or have a print out of the coupon.
Shows on the top of the receipt *Shop The Block*

4 ) On the way home I stopped by Jiffy Lube because it was 8 am and they were just opening,,first in and out in 10 minutes.
I asked them to email me the receipt. They did notice my right headlight was out and replaced it also.
This is an Opt in Offer and I did that last night.

So 4 down and 1 more for me and I am done.
My dollar value with these offers stops at 5. (I had considered Rona/Lowes and BMO spend but thresholds are too high for me).
I was going to get my winter outdoor greenery but it works out way cheaper and I get some great PC points if I use my Optimum Card
at Loblaws.

Happy shopping
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
For my Card:
  1. Sobeys 5x/$75
  2. Lawton's 10x/$60
  3. Pharmasave use 95 Cash miles/$10 purchase
  4. Shell 30L fill up / 5 miles
  5. AM Shops Staples $100 (backpacks for gifts)
  6. Sobeys Express spend $20/10 miles
  7. BMO charge $700/250 miles
For DH's card:
  1. Sobeys 5x/$75
  2. Lawton's 10x/$60
  3. Pharmasave use 95 Cash miles/$10 purchase
  4. Shell 30L fill up / 5 miles
  5. AM Shops Under Armour $100 (golf pants for gift)
  6. NSLC 12 pack of Stella Artois / 20 miles
  7. Children's Place spend $45 or $50 (two different offers)

Good morning everyone!!
i got up early and went to

1) Shell and bought $20.00 worth of scratch tickets to put into the Christmas stockings. (Opt in offer)
nothing on the receipt,,but none of their offers are posting on the receipts anymore.

2 ) Drove over to Metro and waited for them to open the doors,,,in and out in under 5 minutes,(only one other person in the store).
used printed out coupon because yeah I wasn't taking any chances but it does say you can scan with your phone.
I bought a gift basket for my son. (I used some cash airmiles to pay for gift basket).

3 ) I was going to get a coffee but instead drove to Sobeys and picked up my chicken and a couple of other things,then drove them over to my sons house, and dropped off his groceries. ( 330 Airmiles)

4 ) On the way home I stopped by Jiffy Lube because it was 8 am and they were just opening,,first in and out in 10 minutes.
I asked them to email me the receipt. They did notice my right headlight was out and replaced it also.
This is an Opt in Offer and I did that last night.

So 4 down and 1 more for me and I am done.
My dollar value with these offers stops at 5. (I had considered Rona/Lowes and BMO spend but thresholds are too high for me).
I was going to get my winter outdoor greenery but it works out way cheaper and I get some great PC points if I use my Optimum Card
at Loblaws.

Happy shopping
Hugs
Mel

You are an Air Miles Master!
I never thought of using my cash miles at Metro for the gift basket, great idea!

Ok DONE!!!!
5th shop done Amazon.
I have been looking for a winter floppy bucket hat for ages,,finally found one on Amazon for a very reasonable price 15.99.
DOCILA Warm Chenille Bucket Hats for Women Solid Color Velvet Fisherman Caps Outdoor Wide Brim Sun Protection Hat

So my *Grinch* christmas list is all done
I used my BMO card so I will get the extra 100 bonus airmiles plus the 30 airmiles in the STB offer.1605797711846.png

I think I'll be able to get 7... especially if we actually get the bathtub! I just need to go to the store first and try and look at some because reading reviews on line or picking out online is so weird to me LOL

And in Alberta it gives us both Safeway and Sobeys as an option and both are in my town so and I do most of my shopping there anyways besides Costco. And I'm so glad its not just a week or weekend timeframe like I have seen in the past, that always drove me nuts! I'd forget which weekend was at which store, or both at the same time

*** is with all the car dealers on there?? I didn't look at any of them I know sometimes its just a testdrive but that is so not happening. I do need new tires for the van too and we have been researching so may actually be able to use the Fountain Tire ones.

As for Airmilesshops... well smart Donald there I will wait for blackfriday and hopefully be able to do the lowes or rona one on my BMO card!

I have to pace myself to complete two cards with 7 partners. No going to Asian grocery stores for shopping in upcoming weeks to do two shops at Sobeys and Foodland. I still have two Sobeys giftcards left for this. We just paid a deposit for a Coton de Tulear female puppy yesterday. Now I can shop at Global Pet Shop. Puppy will arrive on December 30. I will work on DD’s card first and then mine. Too bad all my grand nieces and nephews are too old for Children’s Place and the newly wed nieces and nephews have no babies yet. Otherwise that’s an easy shop! My husband is the youngest of 9 siblings so I have nieces and nephews close to my age.

Happy Shop the Block Hunting!

I have to pace myself to complete two cards with 7 partners. No going to Asian grocery stores for shopping in upcoming weeks to do two shops at Sobeys and Foodland. I still have two Sobeys giftcards left for this. We just paid a deposit for a Coton de Tulear female puppy yesterday. Now I can shop at Global Pet Shop. Puppy will arrive on December 30. I will work on DD’s card first and then mine. Too bad all my grand nieces and nephews are too old for Children’s Place and the newly wed nieces and nephews have no babies yet. Otherwise that’s an easy shop! My husband is the youngest of 9 siblings so I have nieces and nephews close to my age.

Happy Shop the Block Hunting!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................love this type of dog!!!
so happy for you!
1605801750425.png

Hugs
Mel

Just took at look at the offers. Some of the spend thresholds are quite high and some are just not what we would use in our home. I had a feeling the spend thresholds would be high for many of them.

I will probably only get three done...I am hoping for 5....but 3 might be it for us. I haven't spent 100.00 at safeway in a very long time, and I don't buy alcohol...so that is out for me as well. We are not traveling or doing any home improvement to spend money at Rona or Loews. I will have to take what we can do...along with the bonuses those offers come with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter