Shop the Block 2020 MILES ARE POSTING NOW

Well I want the airmiles, but am not sure I'll be able to do it this time. Sobeys is further away but I will try and get there for one shop, perhaps Foodland as well on a different week. The rest will depend on what the offers are. I assume Shell will be one, but I barely need to fill my tank lately. I haven't even been going to visit my parents with the extended lock downs. Maybe the drives to Sobeys and Foodland will help. Oh I do mix Rexall... we'll see I guess!

Ok I called Amazon Canada and they said bath towels and a Magic Bag would fall in the home section. I really wanted to tell the guy to send me written confirmation of this. I know I know not very trusting.....:upsidedow

I did copy this from our call
"Call ended
Your call with us has ended.
If you need to speak with us again, please click here to place another call.
Thank you, Amazon Customer Service"

Hugs
Mel

Ok I called Amazon Canada and they said bath towels and a Magic Bag would fall in the home section. I really wanted to tell the guy to send me written confirmation of this. I know I know not very trusting.....:upsidedow

I did copy this from our call
"Call ended
Your call with us has ended.
If you need to speak with us again, please click here to place another call.
Thank you, Amazon Customer Service"

Hugs
Mel
use their online chat feature, it lets you have the chat sent in an email I think. They have the best customer service!

I'm not sure I'm even going to be able to do 7 offers on one card. I'm not going to head across the river this year to IGA. Jean Coutu is too high a threshold unless they have other offers that appear tomorrow. Lowes and RONA are also too rich for my blood this year (unless there are other offers).

I'm going to focus on Max Miles at Sobeys tomorrow 605AM for a $230 spend and a lot less running around. It will count as 2 StB offers (mine and DH). May settle with 3 offers on 2 cards and call it a day.

I need to keep in mind that the Big Bonus on StB is only worth $126. Must not spend on things I'm not planning on to get the bonus.

Yep I think I am stuck at 5 offers this year,,I am only doing my card this time around.
With the added airmiles from the offers I should still come out with around a 1,000 airmiles=$100.00
Got to stay focused and not spend willy nilly.:tilt:
I may switch out Shell or Amazon for Metro depending on the offer.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
I'm not sure I'm even going to be able to do 7 offers on one card. I'm not going to head across the river this year to IGA. Jean Coutu is too high a threshold unless they have other offers that appear tomorrow. Lowes and RONA are also too rich for my blood this year (unless there are other offers).

I'm going to focus on Max Miles at Sobeys tomorrow 605AM for a $230 spend and a lot less running around. It will count as 2 StB offers (mine and DH). May settle with 3 offers on 2 cards and call it a day.

I need to keep in mind that the Big Bonus on StB is only worth $126. Must not spend on things I'm not planning on to get the bonus.
I am aiming for 5 as well, depending on what the spend threshold will be for the different partners. I won't spend extra $$$ just to chase the AM reward. If I can do 5, I will be a happy camper.

I will opt in for any extra bonus offers I think we can do. We will just keep collecting the small offers if it's within our normal spending. All those miles are adding up slowly for us...and fingers crossed, we will be able to use them for late 2021 or 2022 ( which I want to dub our " Year of Travelling " to commemorate our 50th birthdays ) All the miles will help to lower the cost of that ;)

If the lowes or Rona deal is the same out west here that will make me happy. We are starting to develop our basement and need to buy a bathtub pretty quick... so yeah!!! Can't wait to see all the deals. I'm not sure how many I can actually do this time around but who knows.

If the lowes or Rona deal is the same out west here that will make me happy. We are starting to develop our basement and need to buy a bathtub pretty quick... so yeah!!! Can't wait to see all the deals. I'm not sure how many I can actually do this time around but who knows.
rona/lowes are also in the airmilesshop portal so you'd be checking off 2 offers plus the Mastercard one if that's a card you have!

OK, for all of you anxious online shoppers who have your lists ready to go and your fingers itchy to hit the order buttons when the promo launches tomorrow ... WAIT a week. Unless it's absolutely something you need or is on sale I suggest you wait until Black Friday weekend when there WILL BE site-wide multiplier offers to be had. Looking at the example I gave in the post about online shopping on the first page (post #6) I was able to turn a $150 toaster oven into 77 miles instead of the standard 7 i would get with just 1 miles/ $20 I also got a ton of miles from buying the gift cards at Shell, it was something like 75 miles because i think it was 25 miles/$50 card bringing the total miles to 152.

Last year's online promos were: (copied from last year's thread!)

I unfortunately have to head out into the big bad ugly world for a medical appointment in a RED ZONE in the morning so I won't be around to help clear up any questions, concerns, comments until late afternoon. Please tag me if you are looking for me specifically, otherwise I trust you can take care of yourselves for a few hours :P

Just remember the following points

• There is NO need to hurry, promo lasts until December 28th
  • These promos rarely launch smoothly so use any offers carefully if you do choose to tackle them during the first week
  • The maximum you can get from the promo is 1200 miles which translates to roughly $120 if you collect cash miles. Do NOT overspend to get those miles!!!

for those of you who really understand cash miles...the sobeys offer is spend 100$, get 5x the miles.

can i pay for 100$ in groceries with cash miles and still earn the bonus?

one more post...the luta app looks like an option with zero cost associated. no idea what it actually is? but if anyone knows or is willing to check it out, it could be worthwhile for some of us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter