Shoes stolen from GF Pool

we had stuff stolen (Pandora hat, sipper, CRT birthday balloon cut and tied/knotted string left). I think May/June is when a lot of teens are in the parks and don’t care much about consequences (thrill seekers in parks); We saw a British couple who had everything stolen from their stroller when they went to see Disney Junior Dance party. We were parked next to them. They even had all of their used drinks taken (who why). The mistake they made is that they had purchased some new merchandise and left it in the basket underneath the stroller (even tucking it in is not safe). Someone was probably watching them. The worst part was their child had an autograph book. I’ve read about strollers being taken. I just make ours less desirable. You can research stroller theft and that happens as well; we don’t take our Britax but take our well used dirty joovy caboose

Also, don’t open your door or give your credit card to the front desk (go up to them, a thief could be using an on property phone line). Dont order from pamphlets that are left under your door (fraud as well)

Carrying a bag isn't that suspicious. Most everyone I know of goes to a pool with some sunscreen or a book or phone/charger in a bag, they aren't just for carrying towels. Some like to bring their own stuff, and some of the resorts have laundry facilities next to the pools (not sure about that pool). The departure of the family could be just a coincidence, unless they were actually seen with the shoes it won't make much difference as to anything. there's also nothing to indicate that the people with the bag or the persons who took the shoes were not resort guests.

Yes, it's possible that someone would pick something up at a pool. It doesn't happen all the time, but is always a risk with unattended items. As for the motivation for taking a child's shoes, it's anybody's guess.

Unfortunately ther are a large amount of people who in the past would never ever think about taking other peoples things for profit because they would not know how to sell used goods. But the internet has changed all that.. It's very simple to make a little extra on the side selling things you have stolen.

We never take anything nice on vacation. I even leave my wedding band at home.
I do the same. I have a fake wedding ring that I bring in vacation. My good stuff gets locked in the incredibly heavy safe that is bolted to the floor when we go on vacation.

This is so sad! I'm usually the "gatekeeper" and I'm on the lounger with the stuff. Most of the time one or more family members returns for a break and then I go swim for a bit. Never had anything taken. So sad that this happened!

Unfortunately ther are a large amount of people who in the past would never ever think about taking other peoples things for profit because they would not know how to sell used goods. But the internet has changed all that.. It's very simple to make a little extra on the side selling things you have stolen.
I would have gone to security. There is nowhere on this property except for the restrooms that isn't captured on camera.

This is so sad! I'm usually the "gatekeeper" and I'm on the lounger with the stuff. Most of the time one or more family members returns for a break and then I go swim for a bit. Never had anything taken. So sad that this happened!
me too, it was a wake up call in our favorite place

I have learned one key lesson in my line of work: If you have nice things, someone else will want them. The only thing you can do is make it as difficult as possible for that person to take it. I would go out on a limb and say these incidents are much lower at WDW than your average public pool/resort.

Do you work at the pool?

My BIL had his hat stolen at the Poly pool a few years ago. When we reported it to the resort, they gave him some pixie dust to help... a voucher for a hat anywhere on property. I forget the amount but it was generous amount! Funny thing was, my husband's hat was on the next chair and his was an expensive one worth far more than BIL's lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter