• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shoes in Tortola- a question

Scherzermk

Mouseketeer
We have the tour of virgin gouda excursion planned. I am wondering what kind of shoes our three generations should wear for the Baths. Will Crocs work? What have you tried? I know my tender foot family will need something. TIA!

We did that tour just two weeks ago. All of us (family of 4) had strap-on type sandals. I wore Keen, my boys had Stride Rite and my husband wore a pair he bought from the Walking Company years ago. All of our sandals were designed to go in and out of the water and they were perfect. There are a lot of slick and uneven spots. You can go from dry to wet in the blink of an eye, too. I was thankful for the sturdy and supportive shoes. I own Crocs but my feet always slide around in mine when they get wet. I don't know that they would be the best choice. It is a beautiful place. You will love it!

Thanks Explore. My daughter has a pair of those kind of stride right shoes. I'm glad to hear they work so well. I guess I get to go shoe shopping for the rest of us. What a shame

Yes, Scherzermk, what a shame! I really like my Keens for those types of situations. I think you will get many uses out of them. My husband and I wear them more than we thought we would.

Buy water shoes. We bought the Nike ones on board and we're glad we did. I wish we had know ahead of time. Crocs will be too slippery. NO flip flops!!!!

Funny how my spell check didn't allow gorda and ^^ this one doesn't allow virgin. Lol
Never even noticed misspelling in original post until the cheese comment.

I have some Freely Barefoot Water Skin Shoes Aqua Socks that I love wearing when I get in the bay and I am not sure what I am going to step on. I wonder how they would work for the Baths? The have a rubber sole on the bottom, are neoprene and so so comfy! (and in expensive! $10 on Amazon!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter