• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shoe type for Palo?

insureman

DIS Veteran
Heading to the Fantasy next week and we will be having Palo brunch so to keep my packing to a minimum I am bring these Bruno Marc shoes instead of heavy dress shoes. Now the the exact wording in the DCL FAQs state the following" flip-flops or tennis shoes are not permitted at Palo or Remy. " Are these considered tennis shoes? My wife thinks I'll be fine but I don't want to be that guy that the maître d' turns away or worse wear a used pair of shoes that they have in a closet somewhere. First world problems I know, shoes in the photo. Thanks!

Heading to the Fantasy next week and we will be having Palo brunch so to keep my packing to a minimum I am bring these Bruno Marc shoes instead of heavy dress shoes. Now the the exact wording in the DCL FAQs state the following" flip-flops or tennis shoes are not permitted at Palo or Remy. " Are these considered tennis shoes? My wife thinks I'll be fine but I don't want to be that guy that the maître d' turns away or worse wear a used pair of shoes that they have in a closet somewhere. First world problems I know, shoes in the photo. Thanks!
View attachment 648398
Definitely not tennis shoes. Also quite in style today, even with a suit jacket or sport coat (no tie). I think those are sometimes described as lace up casual fashion sneakers.

That is a smart-looking fashion sneaker. It's a great substitution for my DH's heavy leather dress shoes.

Last edited:
Dress shoes and any other shoes with a similar cuff in the back dig into the back of my foot and cause blisters and bleeding. So, I just wear all black Sketchers to Palo and Remy. Nobody's ever said anything about it. I think you'll be fine with those shoes!

Do I have permission to show my daughters the "quite in style today" quote. Beats wearing my old New Balance sneakers. :)
Oh, definitely. Your post has me looking at that big online retailer to find a pair for myself. I’ve got some New Balance walkers, comfortable—yes, stylish—oh, come on, Dad.:rolleyes1

Like those shoes, my husband wears similar ones to PALO…

I wore some Sperry sneakers that were very similar to those at brunch 2/17 on the Wonder with jeans and a short sleeve button up. No issues.

They look more like boat shoes to me than tennis shoes. I think they would be fine for brunch.

View attachment 648398
Those will be fine. My husband wore something similar.

Follow up: would either of these be allowed at Palo and/or Remy? Not with jeans, of course. (I bought these shoes and have been trying to find places/occasions where I can wear them!)

Attachments

• 07860302-0D5F-41BD-A409-2613146032D4.jpeg
    07860302-0D5F-41BD-A409-2613146032D4.jpeg
    126 KB · Views: 23
  • 6FCCA533-BCDC-4FD1-A9CC-86F0F7F12F4E.jpeg
    6FCCA533-BCDC-4FD1-A9CC-86F0F7F12F4E.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 23
Follow up: would either of these be allowed at Palo and/or Remy? Not with jeans, of course. (I bought these shoes and have been trying to find places/occasions where I can wear them!)
Those I believe would be classified as tennis shoes. You might get away with the black ones but I would guess you would most likely be turned away in the white ones.

View attachment 648398

I think you are fine for Palo brunch in those. Those are clearly …. well, maybe not “dressy”, but definitely “dressier” than tennis shoes.

I have worn closed-toe Keen sandals to Palo brunch, and no one said “boo” about it.

My next cruise is in three weeks, and I’ll be doing Remy dinner for the first time. I really don’t want to pack a jacket and a pair of dress shoes that I will wear for three hours total out of a 7-day cruise, but as you said, #firstworldproblems.

Last edited:
Been to Palo and Remy for dinner several times each and I cannot recall a Cast Member even looking at my shoes---

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter