Shoe Strategy

nutshell

Oh, Disney!
Hello! What’s your shoe strategy for the parks? I leave in a couple days and there will, of course, be thunderstorms. My plan is to bring my crocs, Birkenstocks, and tennis shoes. I’ll wear one each day. A friend of mine said I need at least four pairs of footwear and need to bring a change of shoes and even clothes into the parks. This seems like overkill. We have three park days. What say you?!

I’m bringing two pairs of sneakers for the whole trip and I’m there a week. I’m sure Shoes dry in 90 degree weather.

I think your friend is Slightly overkill but there are people on the board that most likely would agree with your friend.

If it rains, get out of it, or wear a poncho. I’m not bringing extra clothes to the parks lol probably will bring socks though

My biggest issue is most of the sneakers I have are flyknits which I don’t think would be smart to wear in the rain.

Last edited:
Four pairs of footwear for 3 park days? That seems like a lot. I wear flips flops and sandals. I'll bring a pair of each. DH will bring a pair of flips flops and a pair of running shoes.

I don't think I'd ever bring a whole change of clothes to the park. I buy/bring a poncho.

The only time I've brought extra shoes into a park is when I know my family is going to make me ride Kali River Rapids. Then I will bring a pair of sandals to change into for the ride.

If I know it is supposed to be a really rainy day I will wear my Teva-type sandals to the park so that I am not stuck in wet sneakers. Sometimes I do bring an extra pair of socks when I wear my sneakers. I find a dry pair of socks can make a big difference for me if my feet do get a little damp.

Keens if rain is imminent, but I prefer to wear my adidas sneakers if possible. I bring Tevas and flip flops as well. I do not wear flip flops in the parks, though.

I usually take 4 pairs of sandals and a pair of sneakers that I wear only if necessary. That's for a whole week. I never take clothes or shoes to the park.

I wear crocs in the parks. They’re comfy and dry easily. Never had a blister while wearing them either. My kids wear them too.

I wear crocs in the parks. They’re comfy and dry easily. Never had a blister while wearing them either. My kids wear them too.
Do your wear socks with crocs. Not a great fashion statement but I’m wondering if the added layer of sock is helpful.

Do your wear socks with crocs. Not a great fashion statement but I’m wondering if the added layer of sock is helpful.
I don’t wear socks with them. I’ve seen people who do though. Try walking around ,in whatever you think you’ll choose,before your trip to see how they feel. And make sure to break in any sneakers you may intend to wear before your trip.

I wear socks with my Birkenstock Miyari sandals. You are right, it's not a great fashion statement, but I love the comfort of my Birks, and socks are the only thing for me that prevents the dreaded Disney rash. So if you see a lady wearing Birks and toe-socks it might be me. At least they have some cute ones in the Japan store at Epcot.

Attachments

• IMG_4418.JPG
    IMG_4418.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 46
I wear Keen sandals or sneakers. Or my waterproof hiking boots if it's winter, cold, and rainy. I take lots of shoes with me on the trip, but that's mainly for color options. I drive so can take as much or as little as I want. I have never taken extra shoes or clothes into the parks. I've had an extra pair of socks in my bag before, but that's it. I don't see why an adult would need a change of clothes during a typical park day.

I wore 1 pair of Nike lightweight running shoes every day (10 days) last year because I had a broke 4th toe and they were the only shoes that I could stand to wear. Normally Teva Forebays, no socks. Super comfy and dry fast.

download.jpg

I bring a pair of comfortable sandals and a pair of comfortable tennis shoes. I switch them up either day by day or morning/evening. I suppose if my shoes ever got soaked, I could just wear my sandals more frequently.

Try walking around ,in whatever you think you’ll choose, before your trip to see how they feel. And make sure to break in any sneakers you may intend to wear before your trip.

I fully agree with this. 3 years ago I had a pair of Tevas that worked great. I assumed the same of a different pair that I bought a couple of years ago. Luckily I had to walk a few miles in them a couple weeks before my Disney trip and I quickly realized they were rubbing me uncomfortably after 20 minutes or so of walking. If I had just gone to Disney in them, I would have ended up being miserable.

I have had a lot of plantar fasciitis issues in the past so for my 5 day trip this past May I took 2 athletic shoes (Brooks Ariel) and two Teva Tirras for the parks and one pair of flip flops for the pool. On our long days I had sooo wished I had brought my Teva's into the parks to change when my feet got hot, but I was trying to go light with just a small crossbody bag. I will do that next trip for sure.

2 pair for parks and whatever I want for the room. Usually I have 1 pair Teva's, one sneakers, and flops. Look at the weather and pick what you want for the day. Oh, and if scared of blisters I do "foot" body glide. I prefer sandals in the park, and more substantial shoes for travel days so I usually wear sneakers on the plane so I'm just packing my Teva's and flops.

I wear socks with my Birkenstock Miyari sandals. You are right, it's not a great fashion statement, but I love the comfort of my Birks, and socks are the only thing for me that prevents the dreaded Disney rash. So if you see a lady wearing Birks and toe-socks it might be me. At least they have some cute ones in the Japan store at Epcot.
My teenage daughter wears socks with her Birks all the time. Apparently it’s cool when young people do it :)!

Back in 2007 I brought one pair of tennis shoes for a week long trip. It rained on and off every day and by the time I got back my shoes smelled SO BAD that I ended up throwing them away. Putting damp smelly shoes on every day was disgusting. Now I make everyone bring 2 pairs of shoes. 90% of the time we leave the extra pairs in the car and never use them. But just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter